Starting a new work chapter in my life today

Dan

Married to HRH Grammy
Donating Member
Registered
For the last 17 years I've worked for the same company. I've been through 3 acquisitions (1 hostile takeover) and 5 divestitures and learned a LOT along the way. Unfortunately, the new corporate strategy does not support remote working and I was going to be required to move out of state. We knew this was the direction so I started networking back at the end of last year and three weeks ago I received an offer which I accepted. Today is my first day at my new job. It's going to be strange starting over but I'm excited about the opportunities and my new and expanded role.

That's always tough. I have had 6 jobs in my 30 years all in the same field. I actually love starting fresh and I find it usually pumps some new blood through my old veins. Keep an open mind, sometimes it takes some time to completely leave your old job mentally. Also it takes time for people to learn to trust you on the new job, especially when you know more than they do.

Best of luck and remember that Busa time comes first even at a new job! :laugh:

Congrats and Good luck ... When you get stressed or frustrated...just think about the "Phat Girl" sitten in the parking garage that you are riding home and everything will be ok... !!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

congrats! i trust you will do your regular great job and knock 'em all out :beerchug:

Good luck with it, Dan. I'm glad you were able to find something that suits you. :thumbsup:

He's going to be great and they're going to love him.

I think the most difficult part will be that after working from home for the past 6 months and wearing PJ's or shorts most days, he has to dress like a grown-up. :laugh:

Here is a look in to my new job. Needless to say I am less then happy :laugh:

DSCN0027.jpg

DSCN0028.jpg

DSCN0029.jpg

DSCN0034.jpg

DSCN0036.jpg

DSCN0037.jpg

DSCN0038.jpg

I'm sure you'll do great with it. After being on the road and working from home (or where ever I was) for so long it would be a really hard transition back to an office environment for me...especially cubie land :laugh: I could see that being one of the hardest challenges, well after learning a new group of people, who's who/what, etc hehe. Hopefully your new role provides you the stimulation and motivation to grow and achieve as you did at the previous job :thumbsup: Is the commute going with the traffic or against it? That Dallas traffic suuuuuucccckkkkkksssssssssssssss :whistle:

Back