After 15 years, I'm starting a new chapter in my life...

Well, tomorrow is my last day. No goodbye lunch, no party with cake or moon pies.. Probably won't even get a handshake and a good luck.

:down:

I'll be sure to not let the door hit me on the way out though.. :laugh:

If they are so cheap that they won't thank you for all your years of service,
then maybe it's a good thing to move on.

When a company doesn't value it's employees then shame on them.

Smile as you leave.
Enjoy your new chapter. :thumbsup::beerchug:

Yes, it is true I was hesitant to hire gsxrbots to work for me. But I thought I'd give him a shot and see how things go.

Congrats on the new gig. My wife and I have been thinking about uprooting and moving to Colorado. Only thing is we would have to go out and spend some more time looking for new jobs. I've been at mine for 8 yrs, has pretty good pay, great paid insurance and a pension so its kinda tough to leave. But we just aren't happy here, she has lived here all her life and I've been here for 15 yrs and am ready for a change. At 44yrs of age I'm in that range where I could easy put 20 yrs in somewhere but there are much younger guys that could potentially be there for several years longer. It just tough to take that leap no matter how bad you wanna do it. But I hear the mountains and the twisties out there calling me daily.

I spent a few days out in glenwood springs and absolutely love it out there.

Well, today was the first day! Worked out pretty well, there's a lot to learn but I'll be just fine I think. They need some technological advances, that's for sure, but that's one of the reasons they wanted me. Now to prove to them why new software/machines will actually save them money in the short run instead of the long run!

Thanks for all the good wishes, it sure isn't easy changing things up when you're stubborn like me :laugh:

Back