Opening a new chapter in the story of life

PandaNin

Donating Member
Registered
I've been a member here since 2005 and I've shared quite a bit along the way, so why change that now? It's time to let everyone know about the newest chapter of the contiuing saga known as my life.

A quick note about me. I don't have goals. I stopped living a life of goals years ago when my workaholism put me into the hospital. Since then I live life by the moment, seize opportunity when I see it, enjoy every minute of every day and find time with friends and family more rewarding than anything else.

Years ago I worked in the textile industry. I helped make blue jeans for all the private labels out there (Guess, Calvin Klein, etc.). I left that industry 11 year ago so I could slow down and enjoy life a little more and spend less time in Mexico.

Well, when I saw an opportunity that needed to be handled I figured, I'm just the guy to handle it.

To stop rambling and start talking, I've started a new business: TactiKilts (www.tactikilts.com)

Yes, kilts. I am making and selling tactical kilts and accessories. BTW, kilts are horrible for motorcycle riding. Don't do it. Please.

So what's a tactical kilt? Well, it's a kilt made out of cotton instead of wool and it has cargo pockets. There are lots of technical differences that nobody but me cares about so I won't bore you with the details.

I'm designing a women's shooting kilt now too. I've had a few requests and see a need so that itch must be scratched.

In other news, I'm flying out to Iowa in 2 weeks to retrieve my daughter and bring her home. Some of you will remember a few years ago the rough patch we had. She's grown up and out of that phase and made amends and is in her last year of college. She's doing well.

And oh yeah, I'm still riding the Busa almost every day and loving every minute of it.

I say I wish you continued success and I also agree with. Sieze every moment of every day, as the next is not promised to us!

PB1 Sent from my ADR6400L using Forum Runner

Are you planning a special edition org kilt?
Something with a Kanji on it :)

Sounds like a good niche market to fill. Good luck and enjoy your new venture

Good luck man. It's a very tight market for your product. I currently have Utilikilts and of course a traditional family kilt. There's one other company out here that's pushing back on Utilikilts fairly hard.

Oh and yes it's hard to ride in a kilt even with "modesty straps". :)

become a sponsor of the Motorcycle Riders Foundation (MRF) and go to one of their conventions. they do a Kilts vs. Bibs tug of war at the meeting of the minds every year.
you prices kill utilikilt.

:thumbsup: find a nitch and fill it! :beerchug:

Congrats Don
Hey a Kilt on a busa might not be to bad. I have seen guys with shorts, Pajamas on bikes. :laugh:

good luck with the new products and business. Hope you dont mind but I've shared the link with some of my friends across the pond that wear kilts more regularly :thumbsup:

Congrats and wish you well in this new chapter. I know how hard it is to start a new business. We did it 2 years ago and all I can say is good luck and well wishes

Back