7,500 mile service

TA_GunSurgeon

Donating Member
Registered
I'm getting ready to do my 7,500 mile service and was wondering about spark plugs. I was going to use NGK Iridium plugs. Are they good plugs ? or should i find another brand ? Any info will help.

I would use what came in your bike from the factory.
thumb_up.gif

I'm getting ready to do my 7,500 mile service and was wondering about spark plugs. I was going to use NGK Iridium plugs. Are they good plugs ?
They are outstanding. I've been using the NGK Iridiums for years

In fact, I just finished installing a set of the CR9EIA-9 Iridiums on the K8. The OEM Denso plugs looked decent enough - light tan deposits, etc - though the center electrode on the Denso plugs appeared smaller than the NGK plug.

Both the Denso IU27D and the NGK CR9EIA-9 are factory-recommended plugs for the K8.

Iridiums are great plugs, go for it... Mine seems to start up a little easier with them, and they last longer from what I recall.

Iridiums are great plugs, go for it...
Just to clarify for new owners, Iridiums are original equipment in the K8.

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
and they last longer from what I recall.[/quote]

True for bikes that have more traditional compression ratios, like the Blackbird's 11.0:1 ratio.

Not necessarily true for high-compression engines such as the 12.5:1 ratio found in the K8 motor. Which explains the factory-recommended change interval of a fairly abrupt 7500 miles.

super.gif
AM -->
TA_GunSurgeon @ May 28 2008 said:
1462026[/ATTACH] AM]
I'm getting ready to do my 7,500 mile service and was wondering about spark plugs. I was going to use NGK Iridium plugs. Are they good plugs ?
They are outstanding. I've been using the NGK Iridiums for years

In fact, I just finished installing a set of the CR9EIA-9 Iridiums on the K8. The OEM Denso plugs looked decent enough - light tan deposits, etc - though the center electrode on the Denso plugs appeared smaller than the NGK plug.

Both the Denso IU27D and the NGK CR9EIA-9 are factory-recommended plugs for the K8.
Thanks for the info. War... Ordering a set for my K8 today...
thumb_up.gif

super.gif

hmm 18K and still on OE sparkplugs.. mileage has not dropped and runs just fine..

Just trying to follow Suzuki's maintenance schedule which calls for plugs @ 7500 miles. I have about 8600 on it now and still runs great though with no change in mileage either.. ALSO... There is a dragstrip about 45 minutes from my house which is having a "Test & Tune" which I am able to run my bike at next month, and want her to be fresh... (I will be trying to take out my need for speed at the track more often now as someone here suggested)
umnik.gif

Back