Spark plugs

JackLKing

Registered
I've been away from bikes for years. I have an 06 busa and was wondering if the ngk iridium center plugs work ok. I know the bike is new but I do have a little spark knock and I was wondering if they are better than the oem ngk plugs. I do use 93 octane.

Oh yeah, I forgot 2 things.

Welcome to the board and the insanity.

And

Where are the pics?

Don

Congrats and welcome! First, try using 87 octane in the tank.

Welcome, and Suzuki recommends using 89 octane, so I would give that a try before doing anything else. With gas prices today it will save you a few bucks too, and use good gas too!

I use NGK CR9E in my Busa and CR9EK in my 02 Katana.  I use 87 octane in my stock engine.  "They" say a stock engine runs better on lower octane fuel.

<!--EDIT|graffyracing
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148793985 -->

I'll definitely have to try 89 octane.....it does seem tempermental with 93.......I just thought because of the higher compression ratios that you need to run 93. Thanks for the tip guys. As for pictures........I will take some soon and post.........I've been working too much

I didn't notice ANYTHING different going from regular stuff to ngk iridium.

Nothing!
wow.gif

87 Octane is all that is recommended or needed, not 89 or 93. The higher octane stuff is a waste of money and will actually lose a few ponies as well. If you are really hearing spark knock than a lower octane isn't going to work anyway, spark knock(detonation) requires HIGHER octane not lower.

<!--EDIT|coop427
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149265036 -->

If your bike is stock and you really do hear knock, I would suspect ignition timing that is too far advanced. You usually hear knock under load, like shifting from first into fourth and giving it a good amount of gas. It sounds more like a rattle than a knock.

<!--EDIT|FAVahalik
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149279029 -->

Back