50 shot vs 100 shot Drag Bike only

Robudda

Registered
I am in the process of my build ( Real Street Class Build | 1/4 Mile ) and I am trying to find some information on engine upgrades for bigger shots of Nitrous.

From what I have read with the right ECU tune a 50 shot should be ok. But trying to see if there is a step ladder out there of what should be added or done for larger shots 50/100/150/etc.

Now let's say some one wanted to go 2 stage up to a 100 shot.

Assuming race gas, and a progressive controller would the internal be strong enough?

if so what fuel system, ECU, injectors, etc would need to be done.

Basically seeing how far it can be pushed before a full build with all forged internals, etc. needs to be done

“I think” a progressive 100 shot can be done with bigger injectors. And if an gen two probably valves/valve springs. Everything else oughta hold on for a few seconds if the tune is right. Start rich. Stock ecu, power commander, ecu flash, etc. U don’t need a maxx or fueltech for simple stuff, they’re just nice to have.

Forged pistons makes a bad tuner look good and cast piston makes a bad tuner look... well you get the picture.
Some say 40 to 60 shot max with a good tune on stock valve's and spring's. What ever you do don't hit the rev limit on nitrous with stock springs
cause you may spit a shim.

I've never heard anybody say for sure that the Gen 2 motor has forged pistons from the factory ?

You can spray a 50 shot all day with a decent tune and it will last forever. I sprayed my gen 1 stock motor with a 80 shot on pump gas and never had a problem and I have heard of guys spraying stock motor gsxr with 120 shots. It’s all in the tune and nitrous ramp. Just don’t hit the rev limiter and it will be fine. But start with a 50 shot and work your way up to a 100 shot. Also how healthy is the stock motor you have that’s another good question to ask.

There are very few mods that need to be done to a Gen 1 Busa to spray a 50 shot. The motor is already low compression. Have your injectors and fuel filters cleaned. Remove the filter screens from your fuel injectors and have them balanced; heavy duty clutch springs will be needed. Once you start upping the power you will need bigger injectors. The Honda S2000 injectors are a direct fit and will work well with a 100 shot. You may also need to replace the stock fuel system with an external fuel pump once you go to a 100 shot. All of this also depends on the mileage of the motor.

I sprayed a 100 shot on my stock gen2 for a long long time. Well it was really a 80 ho jet but with the gsx1300 spray bar it was making 99hp to the wheel. So it was a 100 shot. Probably out 200-300lbs of nitrous to it before I went turbo. If I could do it all over I'd have probably stayed with nitrous. Just something about a nitrous bike that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy

I sprayed a 100 shot on my stock gen2 for a long long time. Well it was really a 80 ho jet but with the gsx1300 spray bar it was making 99hp to the wheel. So it was a 100 shot. Probably out 200-300lbs of nitrous to it before I went turbo. If I could do it all over I'd have probably stayed with nitrous. Just something about a nitrous bike that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy
Did you replace the pistons going turbo ? If so how did they look.

That’s proof u don’t necessarily need a whole built motor to go fast-even rob at bcp didn’t “blow up” that stock motor turbo he was dynoing at almost 500hp, that thing died bcuz he left some parts loose and lost oil pressure=that was self inflicted engine tragedy lol

Back