50 cal reaches out and touches someone

rock.gif
not sure I like this, over kill at the very least
rock.gif
and certainly not family friendly, more t*ts and bums please
beerchug.gif
Wrong Continent Bro... Welcome to the Land where guns, blood and gore is just dandy. But show a boob and it's nationwide news for weeks...

It's pathetic...

But there ya go... Wealthy, Fat, and afraid of boobs...
pillepalle.gif
dunno.gif

rock.gif

I know the A-10 (Warthog) uses several different types of rounds and DP was deffinately used in older lots of the API. As i am not a load toad i cant give specifics of the cannon because i dont know first hand.
A-10 still uses DU rounds mixed in with HE rounds. There's a ratio I was reading about somewhere of 4-1 4 DU penetrator rounds per HE round. 30mm at 3900 Rounds per minute takes out tanks, trucks, just about anything.

I know the A-10 (Warthog) uses several different types of rounds and DP was deffinately used in older lots of the API.  As i am not a load toad i cant give specifics of the cannon because i dont know first hand.
A-10 still uses DU rounds mixed in with HE rounds.  There's a ratio I was reading about somewhere of 4-1  4 DU penetrator rounds per HE round.  30mm at 3900 Rounds per minute takes out tanks, trucks, just about anything.
yea there really isnt a reason to run from an A-10 with that 30mm on it... you'll just die tired! I've tried on a few occations to get assignments to work on them but they never panned out. You know how the Air Force is... send you where they want you via the numbers game...

I show this video to my students sometimes to give them an idea of what we have a hand in. We dont shoot the guns but if it wasnt for us repairing the plane or helicopter it would never be able to do what it does... bring the pain!

It may be a
repost.gif
to some, but to those of us that joined recently it is a first viewing.
smile.gif
smile.gif

As for the video, all I can say is DAYUM!

smile.gif

I know the A-10 (Warthog) uses several different types of rounds and DP was deffinately used in older lots of the API. As i am not a load toad i cant give specifics of the cannon because i dont know first hand.

Must be one of my favorite pics of all time! :thumbsup:

Going back to the re-post video. I am thinking that they must be using one of these:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M230_Chain_Gun

As opposed to a 30mm chain gun. The rate of fire in the video is much slower than a chain gun, which makes sense. Why put 500 rounds on a person when 3 or 4 or 20 would do?

The Funny part is that it's not a .50, it's a 30mm chain from a longbow judging by the rate of fire and the resultant damage... Distant cousin of the 25mm found on the Bradley and other places...

So yeah...
thumb_up.gif

MaDuece does some damage, and can really tear things up, but the video I am pretty certain is of the 30mm.

Must be one of my favorite pics of all time! :thumbsup:

Going back to the re-post video. I am thinking that they must be using one of these:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M230_Chain_Gun

As opposed to a 30mm chain gun. The rate of fire in the video is much slower than a chain gun, which makes sense. Why put 500 rounds on a person when 3 or 4 or 20 would do?

Umm, I think we've established this... :rofl::poke: Chain gun is what is firing the rounds in the video, I am not sure what you mean accept maybe you meant to say the rate of fire is much slower than the GAU-8 style Multibarreled gun @ 3900 rounds per minute...

Last edited:
Back