50 cal reaches out and touches someone

OMG dude, you are just seeing this vid now?
rock.gif

But anyway... No worries... We all repost...

Better duck though.

15028repost_police.jpg

The Funny part is that it's not a .50, it's a 30mm chain from a longbow judging by the rate of fire and the resultant damage... Distant cousin of the 25mm found on the Bradley and other places...

So yeah...
thumb_up.gif

MaDuece does some damage, and can really tear things up, but the video I am pretty certain is of the 30mm.

OK, it was new to me
sadnews.gif

I thought the rounds were too potent to be .50 cal also. I've seen 30 mm rounds, and they look like tall Coke bottles.

Too bad they don't have a tax payers get to play with the weapons day.

The Funny part is that it's not a .50, it's a 30mm chain from a longbow judging by the rate of fire and the resultant damage... Distant cousin of the 25mm found on the Bradley and other places...

So yeah...
thumb_up.gif

MaDuece does some damage, and can really tear things up, but the video I am pretty certain is of the 30mm.
Same 30 mm round on the wart hog, correct? OK, somebody put some newer posts up. I like to send them to anti-military types.

So yeah...
thumb_up.gif

Same 30 mm round on the wart hog, correct? OK, somebody put some newer posts up. I like to send them to anti-military types.
Um, no not really. The Warthogs ammo is purpose built just for the Avenger cannon I believe. The DU rounds available for the apache are not the same, at least I don't think they are but I suppose they could be.

I figured it was the 30mm for a couple of reasons. One is their rather dramatic effect and the other was that the opening burst is well off target, yet the shooter is so far away that nobody reacts, so likely they are a good 1500or so yards away as Airborne gunfire in the desert freaking carries...

Edit: Here we go, Everything you want to know about 30mm ammo from Globalsecurity.org

OK, it was new to me  
sadnews.gif

I thought the rounds were too potent to be .50 cal also. I've seen 30 mm rounds, and they look like tall Coke bottles.

thumb_up.gif
Today is your lucky day!!!
thumb_up.gif

Just go down to the mall and talk to the guy in the Army uniform.
race.gif

usaflagwave.gif

He will set you right up with your "tax payers get to play with the weapons day" paperwork
laugh.gif

You even get a free bowl of soup and an all expenses paid trip to the worlds largest shooting range.

thumb_up.gif

OK, it was new to me
sadnews.gif

thumb_up.gif
Today is your lucky day!!!
thumb_up.gif

Just go down to the mall and talk to the guy in the Army uniform.
race.gif

usaflagwave.gif

He will set you right up with your "tax payers get to play with the weapons day" paperwork
laugh.gif

You even get a free bowl of soup and an all expenses paid trip to the worlds largest shooting range.
whistling.gif
jump9.gif

Hell they'll even give you free ammo!!!

thumb_up.gif

Yep, and a free trip to the "range." So, somebody post some video that is not a repost. Actually, it can be a repost and I probably wouldn't know.

I know the A-10 (Warthog) uses several different types of rounds and DP was deffinately used in older lots of the API.  As i am not a load toad i cant give specifics of the cannon because i dont know first hand.

Peace.JPG

rock.gif
not sure I like this, over kill at the very least
rock.gif
and certainly not family friendly, more t*ts and bums please
beerchug.gif

rock.gif

Back