5/27 Pahrump trackday

If I can get new tires for my car (down to the wearbars), alignment and new shoes for the gixx, I'm going! I should know by this afternoon.

(gtrpimp76 @ May 23 2007,12:14) If I can get new tires for my car (down to the wearbars), alignment and new shoes for the gixx, I'm going! I should know by this afternoon.
PM sent

(Charlesbusa @ May 24 2007,13:36)
(gtrpimp76 @ May 23 2007,12:14) If I can get new tires for my car (down to the wearbars), alignment and new shoes for the gixx, I'm going! I should know by this afternoon.
PM sent
PM received and replied.
cool.gif

It's official!!

I'm in and signed up for novice group (Intermediate is sold out and Race group is out of the question).

Hopefully they'll allow me to bump up in the afternoon like most orgs.

Charles, PM'd you my ph#. gimmie a call sometime tomorrow and we'll figure out the trailering deal.

Almost ready. New oil and filter when I get home tomorrow. Wipe the bike down and load the pick up.

Almost ready. New oil and filter when I get home tomorrow. Wipe the bike down and load the pick up.

Yup, tomorrow consist of,

setting up the trailer,
packing stuff for me, Kraut, and the bike  
biggrin.gif

cleaning and preping the bike
loading the bike, but leaving the straps loose so as not to overly compress forks
hooking trailer up to car

That way when I come home on sat, I grab the dog, tighten the bike's straps, and hit the road  
beerchug.gif

fugg yeah mo fo's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
beerchug.gif

It's gonna be a party in Pahrump!!!

Rich, Charles and DAnny!! I'll see you guys on Saturday!!

My day tomorrow. WORK and get some new race tires!!

(gtrpimp76 @ May 25 2007,00:03) fugg yeah mo fo's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
beerchug.gif

Vinny too
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

(BA BUSA @ May 25 2007,22:40)
beerchug.gif

Vinny too  
beerchug.gif
right on!! He can make it!!!

beerchug.gif

super.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

(gtrpimp76 @ May 25 2007,10:11)
(BA BUSA @ May 25 2007,22:40)
beerchug.gif

Vinny too  
beerchug.gif
right on!! He can make it!!!

beerchug.gif

super.gif
He was always gonna make it
tounge.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

(Charlesbusa @ May 25 2007,15:40)
mad.gif

What Vinny's putting on race tires too  
argue.gif

I'm the only non-race tire guy    
SHOCKED.gif

tounge.gif

all_coholic.gif
No race tires for DD...he's going be @ the track day TOO
crazy.gif

(BA BUSA @ May 25 2007,16:15)
(Charlesbusa @ May 25 2007,15:40)

What Vinny's putting on race tires too  

I'm the only non-race tire guy    
SHOCKED.gif

tounge.gif

all_coholic.gif
No race tires for DD...he's going be @ the track day TOO  
crazy.gif
laugh.gif

Aren't you supposed to be on the road
rock.gif

What a great trip up to Spring Mountain. Man, the tracks I usually ride are around one mile. I learned in a hurry that the tracks here in Phoenix that I usually get to ride are pretty humble compared to Spring Mountain. Thats the only other track I've ridden so far. Spring mountain is a whole bunch of twists and turns. Going up to Sring Mountain, I thought I would do pretty good based on my numerous track days at fire bird. Wrong answer... Everything is bigger, better and faster. So yesterday I had to do a whole lot of learning. Don't get me wrong. Spring Mountain is a gerat track. I wish I lived closer so I could go there more often and really get to learn the track. I had a really great time hanging with my Busa brothers.

I arrived around noon on Saturday and DD and BA BUSA were already there. We spent most of the day just hanging out. Vinny brought food and Rich brought his barberque. So we had a cook out right there in the parking lot at the Best Western there in Parhrump. Thanks for the great food Vinny I really appreciate it. And thanks to Rich for bringing your Barberque. And thanks to Rich for always being there willing and able to help anyone in what ever way he can.

Charles arrived about 9:00 PM and spent some time getting his bike ready for Sunday. And gtrpimp76 arrived around 5:00 am after getting up in the wee hours to made it to the track by start time.

The weather was warm, but thanks to a constant breeze it never got really hot. We all were eventually in the middle group. Charles is really fast. I saw him lap the field on his gsxr 750. gtrpimp 76 rode his gsxr 1000 in the beginners group because the middle group was sold out. But fortunately he got bumped to the middle group and he is also very fast. BA BUSA is fast consistant and good on his RR. I was totally impressed with Vinny he was the only one riding a Busa. And he hung right in there and was fast. Me, I was the slow one in the group. I managed to stay somewhere in the middle of the our group but the other guys were all faster than me.

At the end of the day, we all had a lot of fun and no one crashed. All in all a great day. Thanks to all the guys in our group. It was great getting to ride with you guys. Looking forward to doing it again at Miller. Sorry, no pics, but I'm pretty sure Vinny got some.

Back