4k service

GiT

Registered
Anyone noticed a big difference after their 4k service?

My K8 seems to be running so much faster/smoother (like going from a completly shagged chain to a new one)

I've never had any service change the feel to a bike like this, I was wondering if a software update was added at this point? because that's what it feels like,

any clues???

Were your throttle bodies synched? I have seen a couple of '08s that felt better than new after having that done. The balancing is still a mechanical concept, but you need to set new values in the ECM. Once the ECM is set, WOW!

who did your service and what did they do to it as a part of 4000 miles service?
bike gets better and faster( part of break in)as you put more mileage in it.
that is all.
what is the scoop with software update?

bump.gif
lurk.gif

Local Sook agent did the service and nothing out of the ordinary mentioned on the service sheet, I just can't explain the difference between performance before and after but it is huge. TB's wern't balanced so it cant be that!!!

The software update is just a theoretical question there is nothing to suggest that is what they have done but it would answer the question

I might be imagining it, but I always swear I feel a difference in smoothness and power after an oil change, even in my cars.

I swear I felt a difference when I had my 600 mile service done.
Guess it'll get better as I ride more.
cool.gif

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
Might be the oil! [/quote]

I've been riding for 30 odd years and Busa's for 25k and never felt such a difference at a service, so I had discounted the oil change. I really can't work out what's gone on but the change is very very noticeable, I'm just off to the local dealership to ask what was involved in th e4k service.

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:
<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
Might be the oil! [/quote]

I've been riding for 30 odd years and Busa's for 25k and never felt such a difference at a service, so I had discounted the oil change. I really can't work out what's gone on but the change is very very noticeable, I'm just off to the local dealership to ask what was involved in th e4k service.[/quote]
so... you are saying that you have no clue what they have charge you for 4000 miles service! no work order invoice?
wowold.gif
rock.gif

Spoke to them yesterday, oil and filter, as per the invoice, and a nut and bolt check as per the service schedule, no software and no TB sync so
winkold.gif
can't explain this one but I like it
laugh.gif

Probably just the thought of knowing that your bike was serviced has you thinking it's preforming better.
thumb_up.gif

Spoke to them yesterday, oil and filter, as per the invoice, and a nut and bolt check as per the service schedule, no software and no TB sync so  
winkold.gif
can't explain this one but I like it
laugh.gif
i might need to get my sevice done at your dealer. oh.. no.. you are a little bit far!
jump9.gif

Bizzare, I had a mate run the bike this morning, he had also ridden it before the service, his comments after were "what have you done to that it's much quicker!!"

My buttdyno says it feels like 20hp up!!!
jump9.gif

its probably just finally done with everything "breaking in" i know all the new bikes ive owned, i hop on them one day and for no reason it just felt like i installed anther exhaust system, most say its contributed to the motor finally breaking in all the way
beerchug.gif

I know that after my first service, the first service my bike ran cooler with the oil change and the transmission is definately breaking in and is smoother.....not any faster though

Back