3am i just wasteda possum

NIGHTFLIGHT

Banned
Stupid baby possums keep getting on my porch.Let the dog out its doggie door shes going off on it prob woke all the neighbors.THis keeps frekin happening.Enough,s enough I broke out my carbine action pump up red rider bee bee gun.A RED RIDER SHOULD ONLY BE USED AS A LAST RESORT!!
I did what I had 2 do
Photos from A Christmas Story
pumped it up around 20 times -1 possum.:whistle:

He was just "playing possum" with the both of you..:rofl: you just mortally wounded him with the BB... when the dog put him down and left, he jumped up and probably ran off...he'll be back :poke::laugh:

I took the 12 out for one (driving the dogs nuts) a little while back but the possom did not move at all, since it was after midnight I decided not to wake the neighbors and pushed him off the fence with a broom.

Told the neighbors about him the next day and they said shoulda done him in...they wouldn't even have thought twice about one shot :laugh:

A couple nights later the larger dog found the same possom stealing his food and literally gutted him inside out~!~

Be careful with them, just use the gun if they are rabbid you may have to put your dog down. Proximity exposure can occur he doesn't really need to touch it to get infected. Safer to just snipe him try a 30-06 round instead see if he can still play possum after that:laugh:

I got better guns than old red but im in city limits.Might get in trouble
He comes back me+old red will be waiting.Thing was bleeding from head i nailed it saw it last week was baby sucker doubled its size in 1 week.

- Christmas Story: "I Shot My Eye Out!" Scene[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Since I live inside city limits, though luckily with a large mostly vacant lot between me and I30, I use a Gammo .22 break barrel 800fps w/Al pellets. It sure does the trick, won't do much damage if I miss, and no extra pumping required!

I have also found that using a '83 Nissan Sentra hatchback(first car) works great too, if you catch em on the road, but can be a bit unerving as I did catch a bit of air off it.

I was pretty sure the red rider was a spring powered gun, so if that's what you used you cocked it once, then open and closed the lever 19 more times for no reason.

I was pretty sure the red rider was a spring powered gun, so if that's what you used you cocked it once, then open and closed the lever 19 more times for no reason.

+1

I have a newer one sitting in a closet and it is lever action spring powered gun, also no compass in the stock!

Maybe the older ones were different.

Possums have rights too......Bambi killer !

Many yrs ago I smacked a possum as hard as I could right on the head with a shovel .
It would have killed Mike Tyson !
Thing just sat back hissed at me and ran off.
They are tough nutz .
Doubtful a Red Ryder did him in ?

I had a .25 caliber Beeman R1 rifle that would throw pellets over 1000 ft per second .
Devastating on Woodchucks and Coon but possums took more than one shot almost everytime .
I can still hear the whack !

I GOT A 9MM+couple 22,s but discharge a weapon in city limits might get me in trouble

Careful as Airguns are sometimes included in those regulations.
I know here in Palm Beach County you can get into just as much trouble with an air rifle as any other.

I JUST SCORED A KILL ANOTHER YOUNG POSSUM.On porch dog going balistic had break out old red.How many do these things have in a litter this starting 2 suck.Have better things do @ 3am like sleep than possum hunting.

Last edited:
Careful as Airguns are sometimes included in those regulations.
I know here in Palm Beach County you can get into just as much trouble with an air rifle as any other.

In most city limits they are classified the same as any other rifle~!~

I BAGGED 1 !!! Was a heck of a battle but the better man won!!!

O-man im like a big game hunter i rule!!!!

My back yard has 6ft privecy fence+THIS DUEL TOOK PLACE 3AM
That time the morning+IN MY YARD IM THE LAW!!!

I dont care if his friend come 4 revenge bring em on!!!!

christmas-story-movie-2.jpg

Back