:36:

Welcome...
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|NiTrowood
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150426980 -->

rant.gif

Well, I guess there won't be a Busa in my life for quite sometime. The only thing that I overlooked while getting ready to buy the bike was insurance. I just took it for granted that, well, maybe I won't get the best of rates cos I'm a new rider in the US and stuff but it would still be  OK and I wouldn't mind paying the extra buck (Hey, anything for the Busa, right!!!). Well, lets check out the quotes I got from insurance companies:

1.  Geico - $6000 - so much for "15 minutes could save you..." &^*%&

2.  All State - $11000 - Thats the OTD of my bike...!!!

3.  Progressive - $12000 - Even better...huh...!!!

4.  Sentry - $6000

And I don't remember the name for this one but this guy quoted me about $20000...!!!!!!!

The only sane quote I got was from Statefarm - about $600 - Full coverage. But the guy called back after 15 minutes and said that I can only insure my bike with statefarm if I have an auto insurance with them (some new company policy). Well, guess what - I don't have a car...!!! I don't want a car...!!! I just want my Busa insured...!!!
rant.gif

Sorry guys but I had to vent it out somewhere. I guess I'm gonna have some  
all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif
 and then go  
guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif
some insurance guys and then have some more  
all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

rant.gif

all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

try another state farm agent they all have different underwriters. i have state farm and no auto insurance.

buy a hundred dollar car and pick up liability ins with State Farm and then insure the Busa too.
Liability on the car would maybe be 20 bucks a month.

State Farm will also decline coverage if you havent been insured with them for at least 1 year. Liability only...they will not give you full coverage.

Best option - Foremost Insurance - they should be able to hook you up for around $3500.00 for the first year.

Oh and the other option is:

Get Liability + Other than collision. You can save some money if you dont get Collision.

Crash the bike and you are screwed...

See if they are willing to do this for you.

rant.gif

Well, I guess there won't be a Busa in my life for quite sometime. The only thing that I overlooked while getting ready to buy the bike was insurance. I just took it for granted that, well, maybe I won't get the best of rates cos I'm a new rider in the US and stuff but it would still be OK and I wouldn't mind paying the extra buck (Hey, anything for the Busa, right!!!). Well, lets check out the quotes I got from insurance companies:

1. Geico - $6000 - so much for "15 minutes could save you..." &^*%&

2. All State - $11000 - Thats the OTD of my bike...!!!

3. Progressive - $12000 - Even better...huh...!!!

4. Sentry - $6000

And I don't remember the name for this one but this guy quoted me about $20000...!!!!!!!

The only sane quote I got was from Statefarm - about $600 - Full coverage. But the guy called back after 15 minutes and said that I can only insure my bike with statefarm if I have an auto insurance with them (some new company policy). Well, guess what - I don't have a car...!!! I don't want a car...!!! I just want my Busa insured...!!!
rant.gif

Sorry guys but I had to vent it out somewhere. I guess I'm gonna have some
all_coholic.gif
all_coholic.gif
all_coholic.gif
and then go
guns.gif
guns.gif
guns.gif
some insurance guys and then have some more
all_coholic.gif
all_coholic.gif
State Farm is the best, then. I have SF for 220 every 6mos!

<!--EDIT|PaNDeM1C
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150861488 -->

rant.gif

all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

Or... pay cash for the busa and have no insurance and hope you never get stopped by LEO's!!! Nah, don't do that. I think if you keep looking you'll find a State Farm agent that will insure you. But it might depend on the "state" you live in. I'm in AL and my insurance is dirt cheap! I do not have a car insured w/ State Farm, but I got a lower rate just because a family member does!

When I move to LA, CA again, I'm going to make sure I have my bike reg'd and insured in AL for a year while I live in LA... to keep my costs down. It will suck to ride around LA with an AL license tag for a year... but fuggit, I don't give a farg!

buy a hundred dollar car and pick up liability ins with State Farm and then insure the Busa too.
Liability on the car would maybe be 20 bucks a month.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks a million paineless4u.  Awesome idea
bowdown.gif

I asked some SF agents and they said that it would be OK even if I sold the car after sometime. I can still keep the bike insurance. So I'm off looking for an old compact cheap car ;)

try another state farm agent they all have different underwriters. i have state farm and no auto insurance.
[/QUOTE]

Gilcane,
I think PaNDeM1C is right that it probably depends on the state. Also what I heard from some SF agents is that the policy has been recently implemented. Guess I got a bit late.

Guru,
Thanks for the info. But got the workaround for SF (which is much cheaper) thanks to paineless4u. But yeah, otherwise I was going back and forth for going just liability. But I think I wouldn't have done it. Too risky.

Boy...you need some hands over there...smallest ideas become a big bucks saver sometime...P4U's idea is the best so far...what do you think of that? huh?
rock.gif

SF agreed to cover you with full coverage?!?!?!?
[/QUOTE]

Yes they did. And I inquired from 3 different agents too. The funny thing is that I got different quotes from all three  
ices_rofl.gif
But the good news is that all three said that they could insure the bike and all three quotes are much lower as compared to other companies. I wouldn't crib even if I have to insure it at the highest of the 3. Its still OK.

However, the bad news is that my company told me that I might have to move to Atlanta within the next month or so. So until something is finalized (am I moving / am I not moving), I have to postpone the Busa. Sad but I guess its not that bad. I could wait a month. Maybe  
war.gif

Welcome i live in LA,California i have State Farm for my Insurance and i pay $750.00 a year for my Busa Just got my License a year ago.

Back