:36:

ChiBusa

Registered
Hi,

I have been lurking around quitely reading the message boards here for some time now. Gotta say - great site and very cool friendly people!!!

I guessed it was about time I registered and introduced myself. So here goes - My name is Saurabh and I have been riding (a lightweight cruiser) for almost about 10 years since I was about 14 (this was back in India ;) ) but I haven't ridden in the last 4 years. I always wanted to have a superbike and hopefully should have my very first this weekend (06 maroon/black).

Since I am new to the US and Chicago as well as new to the Busa, I do have a couple of questions and I would appreciate your suggestions-

1.  What kinda locking system would you guys recommend for the Busa?

2.  Does anyone here in downtown Chicago know of any parking garages that have motorcycle parking spaces?

Any other suggestions for a new owner are also welcome.

Once again, feels great to be part of this group!!! Will post pictures when I get my baby home. Can't hardly wait...!!!  
super.gif

Welcome to the board. I grew up in Chicago, but have lived here in Texas for the last 30 years.
cool.gif
cool.gif

cool.gif

Board sponsor has a locking system,get the scorpio alarm to go with it,the busa is a far cry from your bike you had in India,hey,do you know Shenoy? LOL!
laugh.gif
Welcome to the board!
smile.gif

Welcome and congrats on the bike! Not sure what you mean by locking system? Do you mean an alarm or chain and lock? I its an alarm Scorpio is highly recommended. If its a chain and lock I can't answer because I don't use one. Think there are several people on the board from the Chicago area.

Welcome! For some info about Chi-town, a good link is in order:

Click me!

Hope you find all the info that you need! When you get your scoot, post up some pics!

Hello Saurabh.

I had a friend named Saurabh in Chennai

I am in Raleigh NC. Been in the US for 5 years now...awesome place!

Just bought my Busa as well.

ALARM: Scorpio i500 + Disk Brake + Garage

Last edited by a moderator:
Board sponsor has a locking system,get the scorpio alarm to go with it,the busa is a far cry from your bike you had in India,hey,do you know Shenoy? LOL!
laugh.gif
Welcome to the board!
smile.gif
I got in touch with Shenoy when I was in Bangalore (he is in Mysore). We were supposed to meet but my schedule wouldnt allow it...pity...

Too bad he doesnt post here anymore.

Thank you all for your response and suggestions. I appreciate it. No doubt this is the best Busa site on the web.

Board sponsor has a locking system,get the scorpio alarm to go with it,the busa is a far cry from your bike you had in India,hey,do you know Shenoy? LOL! Welcome to the board! [/QUOTE]

I know its a totally diffrent animal altogether. Hell, its got an engine the size of my last car's engine!!! And thats why it took me almost 2 months debating back and forth whether I should get it or not. Well, let's put it this way - at least I won't repent that I didn't give it enough thought

Just bought my Busa as well.

Congrats for your new bike Guru. It looks awesome. Red is definitely one of my all time favs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the site. Take your time with the busa, it can be very unforgiving. Also make sure you wear your gear (refer to Ben) every time you ride. I am sooooo glad I got mine at 41 and not even 31. Good luck and enjoy.
Oh yeah, you might want to do something about that permanent grin that will be on your face.  
tounge.gif

Back