330 kit-no jackshaft-1 chain

woodwheel

Registered
Ok, here it is... Another Roaring Toys Product... A 330 kit with just one chain, no jacksfaft... What do you think?

The chain is clearly outside the frame and the foot peg has been moved...

330-Busa-1.jpg

not for me... just seems such a waste of a great bike to me... may as well just build a custom HD IMO... the bike becomes useless for anything but boulevard cruising or posing..

Ultimate performance bike with a cast on its foot... :) (I would bet that wheel is way off centerline of the bike...)

i agree with the biscuit, it also looks like they extended the front shaft to compensate for the width, seems like it would add alot of stress

To more directly answer the question, to have a wide tire that is centered, and not have a jackshaft, double chains, etc, that's a great idea. Good job!

The only questions I would have are how would an offset footpeg feel under foot. Second, you must be using some type of adapter or different sprocket to push the gear outside the frame, how does this extended leverage affect the output shaft over time vs a standard setup.

I like fat tire bikes just as much as regular ones...ok...I admit they are way cooler to look at.

Last edited:
you guys got great eyes, I could not see the extended shaft.. :thumbsup:

Now I've been thinking about this...this would work well, especially if the new, longer shaft, sprocket or whatever, is also seated in a bearing in the new sprocket cover...that way there wouldn't be any additional leverage on the output shaft. I suppose this will only work with super wide tires where the sprocket on the wheel is lined up outside of the frame. Seems easy enough to do, you'd just need something to extend the shaft, or a special sprocket, a new sproket cover etc. Great idea RT.

I like it looks awesome ... but 240 is wide as i am willing to go on mine... beautiful work:thumbsup::thumbsup:

i agree with the biscuit, it also looks like they extended the front shaft to compensate for the width, seems like it would add alot of stress

I agree. To have the chain outside, you need an extended offset sprocket. This would also require an outboard supported sprocket cover in which the actual output shaft is being supported.
Hope they did their homework....

well if you figure the $3000 you put into one of these bikes to make them handle their best, the money to do this change (sort of the opposite effect) would not be so bad..

So instead of corning, you have a fat tire that goes straight... :laugh: might as well put a mickey on the back and throw away the kickstand while you are at it..

Wow, Toto, i dont think we are in Kansas anymore.... the other photos of that bike are something else... are those carbs?

amazing amount of work and imagination..

Roaring toyz has been working on this kit of some time now. Im not sure on how the front is set-up ( longer shaft or big offset sprocket), but it does have a new sprocket cover to support all the goodies. I dont think they have put a price on it yet...sure it will be around $6 with wheels.

As for the hater comments about a fatty.....:poke:Dont compair untill you at least tried to keep up with one in the corner:laugh:

Roaring toyz has been working on this kit of some time now. Im not sure on how the front is set-up ( longer shaft or big offset sprocket), but it does have a new sprocket cover to support all the goodies. I dont think they have put a price on it yet...sure it will be around $6 with wheels.

As for the hater comments about a fatty.....:poke:Dont compair untill you at least tried to keep up with one in the corner:laugh:

fatty...fat tires?

sure...bring it. Where ya wanna meet?

Back