2nd bike

Dougyp333

Registered
Like a lot of other folks I was waiting and hoping the Gen 3 would be something extra special. I was going to sell my Gen 1 and get a brand new one. I think that is not going to be the case now so I am looking at getting a second bike on the used market.

I am looking hard at a Ducati Diavel. 2012 or 13 should be in my budget area. Any thoughts on the Diavel good or bad?

I’ve owned 2, almost owned the new diavel lambo edition also that’s coming out, had first dibs from Omaha Ducati and after a weekend of thinking I turned it down, I had a pretty bad experience with Ducati. I bought a 2011 Ducati Diavel carbon, it had overheating issues from the start and had to take it to the dealership 4 times and and it’s a 4.5 hours from my place, they always thought they had the issue fixed and would bring it home and within 50-75 miles do it again. when the 2012 came out Omaha Ducati let me swap my 2011 for a 2012 out of good will, title for title no money exchanged. When I brought it home it did the same thing within the first 200 miles. I ebayed the bike and never looked back at Ducati. It handled great, tons of low end grunt and some cool features and looks but the have some mechanical issues and I’m sure by now on the new ones they are figured out but the 2 I had I was done, until the lambo edition almost brought me back, almost. New Busa now on order

I’ve owned 2, almost owned the new diavel lambo edition also that’s coming out, had first dibs from Omaha Ducati and after a weekend of thinking I turned it down, I had a pretty bad experience with Ducati. I bought a 2011 Ducati Diavel carbon, it had overheating issues from the start and had to take it to the dealership 4 times and and it’s a 4.5 hours from my place, they always thought they had the issue fixed and would bring it home and within 50-75 miles do it again. when the 2012 came out Omaha Ducati let me swap my 2011 for a 2012 out of good will, title for title no money exchanged. When I brought it home it did the same thing within the first 200 miles. I ebayed the bike and never looked back at Ducati. It handled great, tons of low end grunt and some cool features and looks but the have some mechanical issues and I’m sure by now on the new ones they are figured out but the 2 I had I was done, until the lambo edition almost brought me back, almost. New Busa now on order
Sad you had to go through all that with such an expensive bike....

Like a lot of other folks I was waiting and hoping the Gen 3 would be something extra special. I was going to sell my Gen 1 and get a brand new one. I think that is not going to be the case now so I am looking at getting a second bike on the used market.

I am looking hard at a Ducati Diavel. 2012 or 13 should be in my budget area. Any thoughts on the Diavel good or bad?
Call Moto Sports in DesMoines if you want honest feed back. Doug owns the place. Guy has loaned me tools has given $1,000 in advise all for free. And I have never made a real purchase other than small parts.

That’s not my worse one sorry to say, had a 2012 Kawasaki zx14R that kept over heating also and went through a couple of radiactors because of flow issues I guess, all warranty, but the biggest shitbox was my 2019 CVO Roadglide, oil sumped with 1300 miles on it, no oil to heads, burnt up motor, 2.5 months to get replacement parts, Harley treated me terrible over the deal, dealt with corporate and everything, absolute mess, sold that and sticking to Japanese for now, well a bmw here and there also. I got a decent record tho, in the 55 bikes I’ve owned now at 39, 4 have giving me problems that’s it. 2 Ducati’s, 1 kawi, 1 Harley

man?

stay with the busa

and start saving money for another second bike whatever it might be.

a lot sold their busa for another bike and after only a very short time they bit their ass in combi with :banghead:
and curse this day because no other engine actually enables these feelings.

your head line hit the point - only get a second!!!! bike

Thanks all. That's why I was asking. I think the diavel ticks all the boxes for me but the reliability issues are a major concern.

I love my busa but I want something that that is more like a cruiser without giving up the power and handling. I would be open to suggestions.

@Mathewrussell52 I will give them a call this week.
@Berlin Germany this would be a second bike. Not selling the Busa:thumbsup:

The Z900RS seems to be a fine bike and @ 11,000+ miles it’s been problem free except for the ABS rotor replaced under warranty @ 4,000 miles. It tops out around 140 and turns the quarter in the low 11s. Not a Busa but a very comfy and capable bike.
A4D5A6F4-3BF3-4EFD-B51C-EA9553DEB1B9.jpeg
D67E1FD8-1110-4ECD-9431-EC62B85520F7.jpeg

What kind of riding are you wanting to do ?
To be honest similar to the Busa. Weekend runs and the occasional trip, but I have a back and a knee that flares from time to time so a more upright position without forward controls is what I am looking for. That said I don't want a big tour bike (goldwing). I should most likely track down B king and call it a day.

To be honest similar to the Busa. Weekend runs and the occasional trip, but I have a back and a knee that flares from time to time so a more upright position without forward controls is what I am looking for. That said I don't want a big tour bike (goldwing). I should most likely track down B king and call it a day.
How tall are you / leg length ?

5'10"

I wear a 34" inseam in jeans but a 32" to 33" is closer to the truth.
Well a KTM 1290 Adventure S might be real fun to ride . Great power , upright position , neutral peg position. Handles very well , and will make trips too . Not as heavy as some bikes in the range.
I have many miles on a 1190 Adventure R , and its smiles for days . Hits like the busa but not quiet as hard or fast after a 115 mph

KTM 1290 Super Adventure S 2020

2021 model video

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1190R with me onboard . the rattle is the darn alum luggage / top case .
3rd gear wheelies ;) this one had full tune / dongles / Rottweiler intake / Remus full exhaust .
172 rwhp / 91 tq . plus 1 tooth up on rear over stock gearing . Running Continental TKC 70's 21 inch front wheel is not as good as 19" for street but great in the dirt .

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back