Selling the Busa..........

Rongotti

Registered
I decided to sell my bike :( I really do not ride it much any more, and I think I am ready to try something else. Just not really into the whole super speed thing like I used to be. Been looking hard at a Diavel lately. Once I sell it, I will decide what I am going to do for sure.

Dont do it.I have heard many complaints from owners of the Diavel.I hear they are not comfy as well.My bosses brother bought one and returned it.He hated it.

I have not riden a Diavel yet, won't go test ride one until after I sell my bike as I am scared Ill buy it and then get stuck with two lol. I also considered a 1000RR from BMW. We will see what direction I head. Definitely selling mine though, hell might even end up with a Gen II, who knows. Just ready for a change I think.

So your selling one bike that you really don't ride much anymore to buy another one which you really won't ride either?

The BMW you mention is going to be much worse in the performance riding that you don't want to get into. it is made for midgets and is faster than a Busa stock. So, your getting rid of a bike cause you aren't into the "speed" thing and buying another pure all out speed/race bike? Go look at a Yamaha FZ1 for something different. 130RWHP stock and it has a comfy riding position. You can get a windshield and bags for it and it is usually sold at a good discount. Good Luck!

Send member Taylor a pm before you buy the Diavel.

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

Blanca Busa said:
So your selling one bike that you really don't ride much anymore to buy another one which you really won't ride either?

Blanca I don't ride it cause I don't like to ride it I don't think. I could ride it to work if I really wanted to. I have battled selling it to buy an 04LE since I got it. I am ready for something new. I looked at trading my Avalanche in on a new one but it looks identical, so that doesn't make much sense. So that leaves me with buying a new bike, or maybe a jet ski, who knows. I am trying not to be an impulse buyer and take my time, but I want to see what I will get for my bike first so I know what I'm working with.

Spkrdctr said:
The BMW you mention is going to be much worse in the performance riding that you don't want to get into. it is made for midgets and is faster than a Busa stock. So, your getting rid of a bike cause you aren't into the "speed" thing and buying another pure all out speed/race bike? Go look at a Yamaha FZ1 for something different. 130RWHP stock and it has a comfy riding position. You can get a windshield and bags for it and it is usually sold at a good discount. Good Luck!

Right now I have a 1397 and I just don't ride it like it wants to be riden, I am definitely not 100% on the Duc or the BMW but those are the first two I wanted to explore. I definitely will look at the FZ1 though too thanks :-)

And thanks Brett I will :-)

Blanca I don't ride it cause I don't like to ride it I don't think. I could ride it to work if I really wanted to. I have battled selling it to buy an 04LE since I got it. I am ready for something new. I looked at trading my Avalanche in on a new one but it looks identical, so that doesn't make much sense. So that leaves me with buying a new bike, or maybe a jet ski, who knows. I am trying not to be an impulse buyer and take my time, but I want to see what I will get for my bike first so I know what I'm working with.

I completely get the "time for something new". I sold a pristine/built 300ZX TwinTurbo that I always said "they would bury me in" to get my Gen2. Actually traded, but that is another long story. I put it on the market to get an S1000RR.

Things change. We love our SeaDoos but I do not view them as I do the bike/s. I can't just jump on them any time I like. If I were in FL, I may view them differently but for us they are summer toys to play with occasionally. I hate that they sit as much as they do. I just replaced two steering cables, a starter, and a couple of motor mounts last week.

Best of luck with whatever you decide!

I'm kind of pondering the idea of selling all my other bikes but keeping the Busa. Of course, it is all the Busa's fault.:rulez:

Perhaps I will sell it one day, whenever the GenIII arrives, or, perhaps when I get so old that my balance goes and I need a trike. :laugh:

A few years ago I debated for months on weather or not to get rid of my ZX12. I ended up trading it for a Mustang. I've been kicking myself every day since :banghead: Should have never gotten rid of that bike.

I dont ride my bike (Busa) much either and have others offer to buy it but don't think I will sell it. It is something I always wanted and who knows my grand daughter might want it one day :laugh:

Many will tell you not to sell it, as would I, but you have to do what makes you happy. I thought I needed a new car so I sold my first Busa and hated myself every day since so I went out and bought another one recently. You very well could be different, you could sell the bike and never look back, everyone is different. Good luck and best wishes on whatever you end up with.

Back