Selling the Busa..........

I sold all my bikes a few years ago and got a corvette. The car was pretty boring. Sold her and got back into riding again.

I have not riden a Diavel yet, won't go test ride one until after I sell my bike as I am scared Ill buy it and then get stuck with two lol. I also considered a 1000RR from BMW. We will see what direction I head. Definitely selling mine though, hell might even end up with a Gen II, who knows. Just ready for a change I think.
Ron you just miss your red 04LE :laugh: I'll take a ride on mine for ya tommorrow :beerchug:
Seriously tho have you thought about adding a dual-sport to the mix? Nothing like taking a nice ride.....literally.....out into some beautiful countryside to make you feel good. I just picked up another dual-sport because....like a meathead, I sold my last one and misssed it instantly :banghead: That won't be happening again :no:

The Big Red One said:
Ron you just miss your red 04LE :laugh: I'll take a ride on mine for ya tommorrow :beerchug:
Seriously tho have you thought about adding a dual-sport to the mix? Nothing like taking a nice ride.....literally.....out into some beautiful countryside to make you feel good. I just picked up another dual-sport because....like a meathead, I sold my last one and misssed it instantly :banghead: That won't be happening again :no:

Which duelsport? I have looked at a couple just not completely sold on the idea yet

The Big Red One said:

No I haven't thought of that, Florida is so flat I am not sure where I would go on an adventure at. That does sound very cool though.

I have it for sale for $6,500 but haven't gotten a hit on it yet, I wonder if its priced too high?

Which duelsport? I have looked at a couple just not completely sold on the idea yet
I picked up an 04 honda xr650l. I've always loved the big honda xr series because they have tons of torque, the engines literally last forever, they're super reliable and very simple to maintain, and they're very dirt worthy....long travel suspension and tons of ground clearance, but still go 75 just cruising down the road all day if need be. They're awesome bikes if you're a country boy like me, and like to get out and explore new beautiful places. Nothing makes me feel better than a nice ride through some beautiful scenery, stopping here and there to enjoy it, playing a little in the dirt, then watching the sun set and heading home as the air starts to change and dusk settles in.
I grew up on dirt bikes...just got away from it a little too long. But I'm back in the (dirt) saddle again :thumbsup:
I think everyone should have a dual-sport in the garage :beerchug: And they're very affordable to pick up used with lower miles if you look a little :laugh:

The Busa is soooo customizable I dont see how replacing it with another bike will get you to ride more ??? Just mod it out to suit your needs

The BMW you mention is going to be much worse in the performance riding that you don't want to get into. it is made for midgets and is faster than a Busa stock. So, your getting rid of a bike cause you aren't into the "speed" thing and buying another pure all out speed/race bike? Go look at a Yamaha FZ1 for something different. 130RWHP stock and it has a comfy riding position. You can get a windshield and bags for it and it is usually sold at a good discount. Good Luck!
I recently traded my rr1000 towards a dodge srt,wouldnt consider trading my busas,their way too comfortable for my rides to the beach,took the rr once ,yes its fast and handles well,but like you mentioned its a tad too small for me,im 6',i dont think thats what your looking for,but good luck in whatever you choose.

No I haven't thought of that, Florida is so flat I am not sure where I would go on an adventure at. That does sound very cool though.

I have it for sale for $6,500 but haven't gotten a hit on it yet, I wonder if its priced too high?

I think for a 2000 that is a little high.
I think I would be lucky to get that out of my 04 with 5600 miles.

I guess it will depend on if you really want to sell it and how fast you want it gone.

I really wish I made a post when I put mine up for sale. Sold it in february, been regretting it since march and it KILLS me that I got rid of it... Make SURE its what you want to do, once its gone, its GONE.

RedBusarider said:
I think for a 2000 that is a little high.
I think I would be lucky to get that out of my 04 with 5600 miles.

I guess it will depend on if you really want to sell it and how fast you want it gone.

What do you think I should price it at?

Depending how clean your busa is and how low of mileage you mite be lucky to get $5,500. There are alot of 05's and up on CL and classifieds going for 6,500. If it was a 99 first edition and mint i could see but other than that I dont see it selling for that much.

I love my busa even with the crazy side winds (that push me into oncoming traffic) and the numbness in my wrists after a not so long ride and the upper back pain on long hwy rides, the pain killers before rides, Plus No one will ride with me anymore especially in the twisties.... but its hard to sell her maybe one more season then I'm done with bikes. After the Busa there's nothing else for me...... I'm hearing more and more these days that the GenII may be the last of the hayabusas no hope for me :banghead:

I love my busa even with the crazy side winds (that push me into oncoming traffic) and the numbness in my wrists after a not so long ride and the upper back pain on long hwy rides, the pain killers before rides, Plus No one will ride with me anymore especially in the twisties.... but its hard to sell her maybe one more season then I'm done with bikes. After the Busa there's nothing else for me...... I'm hearing more and more these days that the GenII may be the last of the hayabusas no hope for me :banghead:
There's always a ZX14R :laugh:
I don't think the busa's going to die off........but not sure if suzuki's going to make it a bunch more radical anytime soon. I still think its a darn fine machine as is tho :thumbsup:

Back