Selling the busa?

Zoo

Registered
Well it looks like I have decided to sell my busa...  It's a sad day for me...  Anyways I wanted some suggestions on what I should ask for it...  All of it is going

2002 All Black Suzuki Hayabusa 1300GSXR (limited edition)
17K miles
4 year unlimited mile warranty.. Transferable
Black leather / carbon fiber tank protector
2 black helmets, one is very nice with the flip up front
Extra set of factory mufflers
Nice aluminum loading ramp
Nice black Joe Rocket jacket
Black Joe Rocket Gloves
Rain gear
Water Resistant cover
Water Proof cover

Bike runs great...  Most of the miles are from cross country trips.  2 years left on unlimited mile warranty so who ever buys it can be assured that if anything goes wrong it will be paid for.  All the service has been performed by Suzuki.  There is only one scratch on the left side mirror that is pretty unnoticeable.

Why Do I want to get rid of it... well I don't really want to but I feel that it’s just time to make a change in my life... and a few speeding tickets helped with that decision.  The bike has been a joy but its time to hang it up and move on.  It served its purpose.  I bought it to make me happy and it did.  

So what do you all think that I should ask for it?  And where should I try to sell it (online or newspaper)?  I live in Raleigh NC if anyone is interested.

Thanks

Tim

Here is a pic.

cycle_woods__Small_.jpg

I looked it up on NADA for you and low retail is 5600 and high is 7400, I hope that will help you out.
JC

Exactly, you may regret it later on. Actually, I've been looking into purchasing a second Busa and if the price is right, I may just consider it. I'll wait and see what price you come up with. BTW, I don't need all the extras--just the bike.

Brian

Actually I'm trying to get one for no more than 7 g's. Anybody know of any. I am definitely looking for the '02 SE.

Nice bike with baby miles. If you have to sell take your time and get what you want. If you do not HAVE TO SELL don't. We all have a time in our life where the bikes don't fit either because of money or family. Good luck.

Good luck with your decision. Probably more likely to sell just the bike than the extras. Makes for a good ad though. I would really like to have a second 'Busa and the '02 SE would be what I want, but not in a position to do it right now.

Put all those extras on Ebay; it's a hassle but you'll get very little extra for throwing them into the bike deal.

Bacharles, I've been thinking about a second Busa too. Right now I'm trying to make up my mind between >$2000 for a full exhaust with install/tune or $6500 or so for a nice used spare Busa. Maybe sell my ZG1000.

<!--EDIT|drlucian
Reason for Edit: None given...|1096843188 -->

I guess I would sell it all for 7K. Or that is how much I will ask. I think that it has the extended warrenty that is a plus....

Do you guys think ebay is a good place to sell it... or what about cycle trader

Anyone have experience with either?

Man, I would say either would move that bike quick at 7k. Hell if I had 7k at my disposal i'd be on a plane to NC atm. You put it on either and it will move quick.
JC

And I mean 7k without all ur adding which is basically an attractant I mean what's the odds the buyer can wear ur old gear? Lotsa us fat dudes around yanno
smile.gif

JC

LOL... well my dad can fit in my jacket and he is 6'2" 225.... but the helmet is a bit tight...

To be honest I just want to get rid of it all... Don't want anything hanging around... That will make me miss it.. To be honest I don't want to get rid of it but it served its purpose and now I must move on.... I bought it to make me happy and it did that... (bought it after I broke up with the ex)... And to be honest that bike kept me alive during a dark part of my life...

And yes I will get a new one again... Just want to wait a few years and give the fast lifestyle a rest and work on other goals in my life.

So you think that 7K is a good price... Well that is good because I thought it was high... To be honest I'm not very good at gauging prices on bikes... Choppers go for 30K and I only think they are work 5 bucks... and why buy one when you can get a nice busa for 1/3 of the price and 10X the performance... lol

If anyone on this board want this bike I will sell it to them for 6800... Just because I know it will have a nice home... But when I list it I might go just a bit over 7000... Also if anyone is interested in the Southeast I would not mind taking a drive down there an putting it in my truck... I have some friends I need to visit down in Florida..

Thanks again... Tim

7k is a great price. 6.8k is even better. Sorry you have to let the busa go, but it seems you know what you are doing. See ya back in the saddle in a couple of years:D

Ya, i'd say it would move if I were you i'd prolly list it at 8k obo and see what you can get out of it.I'd truly love to buy it from you but I have made promises I cannot break
sad.gif
. Anyway, best of luck with the sale and good luck on your other goals as well.
JC

Back