May be selling the 'busa

pure_ego

enzyme of hypoverbage
Donating Member
Registered
Well, I've been thinking hard lately that it's time for something new in the 'busas parking spot.. I'm not going to guarantee that I will officially put it up for sale... but the chances are pretty good.

My question is.. How much is fair? I've been watching Ebay for a bit, and I have an opinion.. but I know alot of you guys have just been shopping for one, or keep up with it more than I do.

I've watched Ebay a bit, and it looks like they go anywhere from $5,500.. all the way up to $8,500 for a great condition.. modded out 01.

The lowest I've seen.. and it was just today actually.. was an 01 with 24,000 miles that had been repainted black to cover up I'm sure some crash damage...

The highest (mostly stock anyway) was about $8,500.. already had all the goodies done, pipes, PC, SS lines, and all that jazz.. plus lower mileage.. 6,000.

So whatya think would be a good asking price..

It's an 01 with 13,500 miles.
Tires are very good shape.
Oil has about 1,000 miles on it.
No known mechanical issues to be delt with.
Full Micron System
Custom Paint, exhaust canister painted to match. (I know it doesn't Add at a dealer, but it does to me... so I will be adding a bit for it.. not alot.. but I am taking it into consideration)
Stainless Steel Galfer lines all around.
Power Commander 3
Brake pads are good shape and all that good stuff...

There ya go.. a nicely maintaned 01'.. it's been drag raced a bit, Even did a track day on it. I'm the first one to admit that I will run a bike, but I don't abuse one. No stunting, very little wheeling.

It did meet the pavement once unfortunatly..
No big deal really.. 25-30mph lowside.. mainly some scratches.. frame/swingarm were checked out and not tweeked. Fairing was repaired professionally, and painted professionally.

Personally I'm thinking mid 7's if I leave the mods..

high 6's if I put it back factory.

Whatya think? I was first thinking somewhere in the 6's... but after you check around a bit.. damn near anybody that parts them out on ebay will give ya 6... Sorry,, but I'm not going to knowingly sell the bike I've babied for 4 yrs to somebody thats just gonna go part it and make money on.

OK.. whatya think?

As far as another 'busa... .. well we will just hafta wait and see what 'Zuki does in 06/07 whenever they change it... if they do. You won't see me hopping on a Liter bike, or a 600ish bike either for that matter I don't believe. They didn't "kink my curlies" then, and they still don't.

Right now I've got the little SV650s I can live with until I decide on another primary bike.. although I do find myself drooling over the Triumph Speed Triples alot lately...

Anyway,, am I high, low, or just right? Know somebody that wants one like that? Of course I'll have title in hand, and be willing to travel a bit to sell it if I decide to.

Busa_VIR_DSC_4259.jpg

Sorry PE, can't respond to this cause your selling the Busa...JK... I would try for 8-75ish.

I say sell it to me for $500! I promise to not let it get squished by a big-azz rock.

Down side is the custom paint...I would start in the mid 7's and work from there...You'll get a good price for her...Good luck...

good luck with the sale i think its better to start a little high and be able to come down. everone always feels better about the buy if they talk ya down a little
smile.gif

D'oh! The date on there said August first... and I was only about halfway there...

Hmm... should I extend the date.. or just sell it? lol

love the "rock" .. keeepin the rock ...n sellin the "busa' ? or ..gettin ready for that ..." big red machine " 07 busa !
wink.gif

Did I miss something? An awful lot of old-timers sellin' their bikes. What gives?

Back