.223 Rounds, 30 cents each

Ron, just a heads up, those Wolf rounds are Steel casings IIRC... Unless you don't care about the chamber getting tore up, I wouldn't shoot them. Heard too many stories about it.

I have a few carry boxes of it here. Shoots great out of my AR but not so good out of my buddies.

The Russian rounds from sportsmans guide is even better than the wolf ammo, I think...about the same price

They change it up all the time though, and you have to see who is running the good prices and actually have it in stock...it sometimes sells out extremely fast~!~

Last edited:
As said before steel case. Wouldn't use it unless its in a plinker gun you don't care to abuse on.
Posted via Mobile Device

I wouldn't shoot that SH!T if I were you brother. like its been said you will detroy the chamber and if your running them through a quality AR then your gas block and tube will be caked in powder. Also the pressures vary to greatly for them to be of any real use. If your trying to stock up on protection ammo then dont cheap out. If your looking for good quality ammo that you dont have to question then pm me and we can talk about reloads I have. Also you cant reload the Privi or the Wolf cases because the necks dont resize correctly and most are steel cases.

If your just plinking then run the Rem .223 or the Fiocci .223 FMJ.

Or any cheap brass cased rounds. I've ran some trashy ammo and never had a problem with gas block or tube clogging unless it was a rimfire conversion.
Posted via Mobile Device

Or any cheap brass cased rounds. I've ran some trashy ammo and never had a problem with gas block or tube clogging unless it was a rimfire conversion.
Posted via Mobile Device

Its not going to plug up the block or tube but will cake the lining and reduce the blowback pressure to the carrier resulting in the inability to chamber the next round. If your quick double tapping or running a conversion burst setup that becomes a problem.

Steel casing will shoot fine. You will need to clean the chamber before switching back to brass casings or it can cause the brass casings to get jammed when the extractor tries to pull it out. I have fired over 200 steel case rounds through my FS with no problems. I do have to set the gas valve to the adverse setting thought to properly cycle because of the lower barrel pressures.

Thats because two hundred rounds is only going to scratch the surface coating. If your shooting high volume then you start to see the wear affects. But once again it all depends on your shooting style and what you will be doing with your weapon. If you don't care then shoot Wolf or Prizi or and other Czech made ammos but if you are planning on depending on your weapons and your ammo 5 to 10 years down the road then its like your moto gear "whats your life worth"?

Its not going to plug up the block or tube but will cake the lining and reduce the blowback pressure to the carrier resulting in the inability to chamber the next round. If your quick double tapping or running a conversion burst setup that becomes a problem.

From my experience rounds that leave behind that much trash have low pressure anyway and have feed and ejection problems anyway.

That's why they don't use an adjustable gas block on most rifles other than the war torn like the fal and such where you can actually get crappy ammo made in a mud hut.
Posted via Mobile Device

Well I have learned alot.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I had ordered the ammo before I read all this.

I ordered a 1000 rounds. I have AR-15's and Kel-Tec SU-16's

Is one of these rifles better than the other to blow through the 1000 rounds I purchased (as far as cuasing the least amount of damage and easiest to clean)

What is the deal with the ammo pricing. I use to shoot with my son all the time but not anymore with those prices. And no one is carring ammo like they use to. I shoot .45 out of my xd,1911 and kimber. If you all know of where to get that cheap please let me know. And i have shot a few thousand rounds of the blazer and all still seems to be fine. maybe its just the rifle you say its not good for.?

Wolf works great, it's good plinking ammo and I've got buddies who've fired thousands of rounds of the stuff without any real issues...

None of the "chamber chewed" horror stories etc... BUT, $300 per 1000 is a decent price, not fantastic, but decent.

fwiw

Something else to consider, put a magnet on the projectile and make sure it is not copper plated steel, most of the russian and chinese is, this will greatly reduce barrel life. PMC is a good cheap ammo for the .223 Magnet is a easy way to tell. just my :2cents:

I hear you and the boys have been having fun. Not an expert by any means, but that's what I bought when I got the M-4. Probably sent half the can down the range over the years and have had no problems with the bushwhacker :thumbsup:

I hear you and the boys have been having fun. Not an expert by any means, but that's what I bought when I got the M-4. Probably sent half the can down the range over the years and have had no problems with the bushwhacker :thumbsup:

Yeah my boys like shooting. I keep trying to find diffeant ways to create a bonding environment.

the shooting thing is something all the boys like to do. heck my wife even used to like shooting, I can probably get her out there next time.

I used to take her shooting my desert Eagle .44 when I got my first one and she was a dead shot with it. didnt mess with her much after that :banghead: :laugh:

Back