2021 Busa

I’m honestly excited now that I’ve digested the technical stuff... I think I just need to make a video going through the specs and explain why it’s good for making HP.
I’m wondering how much it was detuned to fit the euro 5. Not to say I’m not disappointed with the 1340, but as we’ve seen those engines can make some power. I’m still holding out hope but was very underwhelmed.

Been waiting for some news on the expected 2020 unveiling of Gen 3's. Fresh rumours of a new Suzuki Hayabusa for 2021!

Not sure how true that is but it would be a shame if the gen3 would just be an emissions update and not all the other things everyone hoped for like the bigger motor, etc.
Coming to its performance, the new Hayabusa will draw its energy from a 1340cc inline four-cylinder, liquid-cooled engine instead. This unit now complies with the stricter Euro-5 emission norms which has been achieved with the addition of a new intake, a catalytic converter and an exhaust system to Hayabusa. Max engine output is down from 194 bhp to 187 bhp while peak torque is down from 154 Nm to 150 Nm. Mileage has also declined from 21.5 kmpl to 18.06 kmpl.

Coming to its performance, the new Hayabusa will draw its energy from a 1340cc inline four-cylinder, liquid-cooled engine instead. This unit now complies with the stricter Euro-5 emission norms which has been achieved with the addition of a new intake, a catalytic converter and an exhaust system to Hayabusa. Max engine output is down from 194 bhp to 187 bhp while peak torque is down from 154 Nm to 150 Nm. Mileage has also declined from 21.5 kmpl to 18.06 kmpl.
Hey man, same post for a whole bunch of threads....give it a rest already, we are past the fact the engine is a 1340...

Still 1990s brake setup. Was really hoping for stock radial setup. Whomp whomp, I'll keep my gen2. Not like I ride enough anymore for go from a $8k garage ornament to a $19k one.

Just wanted people to know what a joke
We get it, there are many, many thread with so many active conversations going on, it's hard to keep up.

Read a few of the threads and there has been a consensus there is potential in this new platform-1340cc and all...

I personally like the engine in my bike so any improvement of that is OK with me.

Still 1990s brake setup. Was really hoping for stock radial setup. Whomp whomp, I'll keep my gen2. Not like I ride enough anymore for go from a $8k garage ornament to a $19k one.
It's got the newest brake calipers on it along with factory steel lines...the MCs could have been better thought out however.

It's got the newest brake calipers on it along with factory steel lines...the MCs could have been better thought out however.
Yup that's what I ment the MCs. And with all the electronics around the brakes now, would switching the system to radial mess that all up?

Yup that's what I ment the MCs. And with all the electronics around the brakes now, would switching the system to radial mess that all up?
I honestly think Suzuki monitors all these sites and sees what we do then decide why would they waste money and R&D as we will do what we want anyway....saves Suzuki lots of money as they know these bikes sell.....and even the Gen 3 will sell and I think lots of them will be sold-why would anyone want a gen 2 where they all will want to mod with LEDs and cruise and what not when they can get a similarly priced bike with all that included?

Some people will be content with stock whereas others will go nuts on the mods...

I honestly think Suzuki monitors all these sites and sees what we do then decide why would they waste money and R&D as we will do what we want anyway....saves Suzuki lots of money as they know these bikes sell.....and even the Gen 3 will sell and I think lots of them will be sold-why would anyone want a gen 2 where they all will want to mod with LEDs and cruise and what not when they can get a similarly priced bike with all that included?

Some people will be content with stock whereas others will go nuts on the mods...
They do and we've seen it. They came to NC for a Busa Bash and spent the weekend talking to all of us.

Oh another thing, the rear seat area doesn't look like it's going to have a very comfortable seat. My wife although a tiny girl loved the big comfortable seat.

Oh another thing, the rear seat area doesn't look like it's going to have a very comfortable seat. My wife although a tiny girl loved the big comfortable seat.

I thought that the rear area for a pillion seat looked tiny too but it actually seems pretty good:

Pillion.png

I thought the zx14 was ugly, uncomfortable and horrible in the corners
Although I did find it didn't handle as well as a Busa, I did find it more comfortable to sit on (albeit less sporty).

The look of the front with its headlights and the "George Foreman grill" side vents were a turn off.

This gen 3's side vents -- with the chrome and contrasting colour drawing attention to it -- are even worse

Although I did find it didn't handle as well as a Busa, I did find it more comfortable to sit on (albeit less sporty).

The look of the front with its headlights and the "George Foreman grill" side vents were a turn off.

This gen 3's side vents -- with the chrome and contrasting colour drawing attention to it -- are even worse
I'll wager one of the first body mods people will do is to black out that chrome strip around the side vents...at least that is what I'd be doing.

Chrome don't belong on a hypersport bike

I'll wager one of the first body mods people will do is to black out that chrome strip around the side vents...at least that is what I'd be doing.

Chrome don't belong on a hypersport bike
That's what I'd do.
In the Suzuki development video, you get a glimpse of what looks like an all black test bike. It looks a heck of a lot better because it doesn't draw attention to that enormous hideous side vent.

btw, I have a chromed grab rail on my silver '05. I think it looks pretty sweet. :p

Back