New 2021 Hayabusa

Odin

Registered

Might be old news but looks like the 2021 Hayabusa will be euro5 compliant , with a 1,440 cc engine and from the various articles I am reading with 210HP.

210 won't be nearly enough to be relevant... the supercharged Kawasaki H2 SX touring bike is almost at that level now. And it comes with hard bags!

Not to mention Ducati just debuted a 205hp naked bike... just one of a number of 200+hp machines available now...

A Gen3 'Busa will need huge horsepower numbers to make people take notice, unless it appears at less than 350lbs wet. Good luck with that!

After years and years of hearing all kinds of hype, as a Busa owner you tune it out. One thing I’ve learned is Suzuki doesn’t do anything unless it HAS to. I’ll believe it when I see it and even so, with current prices; do you really want a $20k gen3 busa?

Might be old news but looks like the 2021 Hayabusa will be euro5 compliant , with a 1,440 cc engine and from the various articles I am reading with 210HP.
Coming to its performance, the new Hayabusa will draw its energy from a 1340cc inline four-cylinder, liquid-cooled engine instead. This unit now complies with the stricter Euro-5 emission norms which has been achieved with the addition of a new intake, a catalytic converter and an exhaust system to Hayabusa. Max engine output is down from 194 bhp to 187 bhp while peak torque is down from 154 Nm to 150 Nm. Mileage has also declined from 21.5 kmpl to 18.06 kmpl. Sadly slower

210 won't be nearly enough to be relevant... the supercharged Kawasaki H2 SX touring bike is almost at that level now. And it comes with hard bags!

Not to mention Ducati just debuted a 205hp naked bike... just one of a number of 200+hp machines available now...

A Gen3 'Busa will need huge horsepower numbers to make people take notice, unless it appears at less than 350lbs wet. Good luck with that!
Coming to its performance, the new Hayabusa will draw its energy from a 1340cc inline four-cylinder, liquid-cooled engine instead. This unit now complies with the stricter Euro-5 emission norms which has been achieved with the addition of a new intake, a catalytic converter and an exhaust system to Hayabusa. Max engine output is down from 194 bhp to 187 bhp while peak torque is down from 154 Nm to 150 Nm. Mileage has also declined from 21.5 kmpl to 18.06 kmpl. Sad

The good of the new (ish) bike

-LEDs
-full new electronics with all the goodies
-cruise control
-more upright seating
-cooler mirrors
-better Brembo calipers
-stronger engine components
-quick shifter
-lighter-cooler looking rims
-bigger brake discs
-a familiar platform where the aftermarket will quickly adapt to
-mid range increase so no need to change gear ratio like many are doing now

The not so good

-less power/torque
-same engine size
-left over master cylinders
-less fuel economy
-only 2 colors offered
-big ugly exhaust system-aftermarket will take care of that I reckon
-lost the battle of street domination

Overall, the bike has potential and in the hands of our tuners, this bike will decent.

I don't normally comment on these things but as an owner of a gen 3 busa I feel I owe it to the bike haha.
It's definitely not slower and even though the peak power and peak torque might be lower than the old one, the band where it's high in both is much broader than before and also in a more usable place. Have a look at the review by Bennets who say the new busa is the fastest bike they've reviewed. On paper it doesn't make sense but coming from a previous gen2 owner, 3 of them in total, it really is quicker than the old one.
Nobody really buys a bike like this for fuel economy but I get between 35mpg and 45mpg depending on the ride of course. Having a slightly smaller tank is a bit of a setback but on a long run it'll still get 200 miles from a tank.

I don't normally comment on these things but as an owner of a gen 3 busa I feel I owe it to the bike haha.
It's definitely not slower and even though the peak power and peak torque might be lower than the old one, the band where it's high in both is much broader than before and also in a more usable place. Have a look at the review by Bennets who say the new busa is the fastest bike they've reviewed. On paper it doesn't make sense but coming from a previous gen2 owner, 3 of them in total, it really is quicker than the old one.
Nobody really buys a bike like this for fuel economy but I get between 35mpg and 45mpg depending on the ride of course. Having a slightly smaller tank is a bit of a setback but on a long run it'll still get 200 miles from a tank.
I note this is your first post-welcome.

We have a gen 3 section and people there will be more than happy to pick your brain on your new bike.

200.gif

Back