2017 GSXR 1K announced

Wow, that looks wild! Except for the muffler (of course) The electric throttle is the 'wave of the future' and we'll be stuck with it on everything soon.

Wow, that looks wild! Except for the muffler (of course) The electric throttle is the 'wave of the future' and we'll be stuck with it on everything soon.

That's true. If HD is doing ride by wire that goes to show everyone else will have it. Those boys hardly ever embrace new technology.

I was disappointed that Suzuki is using the hashtag #TheKingIsBack. I like to think the Busa is king! However, I do understand that liter bikes are the hot market though, it makes business sense.

Bout like anything else, either you love it and have to have one or hate it! When I got my busa I was still in the "meh" group, but got a killer deal so said "why not?" Glad I did because now I love it! Sure there are gsxr grand fan boys who would buy one no matter what!

IDN looks like the old one. not really impressed. ud think they wud have done somthn wild after all this time like a blower or somthn. bike looks boring!

Blower on a race bike? This looks fantastic. I hope they stuck to the Suzuki mantra of easy to ride, maximum performance that has kept them competitive on tracks even when their bikes were 5 years behind! I have never owned anything but a Suzuki so it's awesome that they are crawling back into the driver's seat.

this isn't a race bike its a street bike. where is slozukas race bike? BMW has a pretty much dedicated race bike. so does Ducati and MV Agusta.

for a dedicated race bike no u wudnt want a blower but 99% of the ppl buying this aint goin to the track with it to race. THIS is a street bike. race sales don't make up much of their business. street sales do.

Kawi figured that out pretty fast. so ud think they wud come out with somthn wild vs. this which imo is pretty lame considering all the hype over the last couple years with other bikes.

u wanna go to the track with Kawi buy a ZX-10. u wanna kick ass on the street buy an H2. and shiit Kawi even has a race version of their H2 so again this is just lame!

and now Kawi has the H2 and the 14 which are both faster then the GSXR and the Busa.

maybe slozuka will surprise us and come out with somethn forced induced for the Busa vs. new and bold colors....:whistle:

Blower on a race bike? This looks fantastic. I hope they stuck to the Suzuki mantra of easy to ride, maximum performance that has kept them competitive on tracks even when their bikes were 5 years behind! I have never owned anything but a Suzuki so it's awesome that they are crawling back into the driver's seat.

I like what I'm reading about the bike, but I can't help but think it looks like a GSX650F that lost some weight.

GNBRETT what planet are you on? The GSXR1000 is on of the most popular race bikes ever. Go to a track day and most bikes there are gixxers.

Planet Earth where most other street riders live......

as sales go the market is for street riders not racers. just because u see a lot of guys at the track with GSXR's doesn't mean they were bought for that. wat percentage of sluzuka sales are guys that want a dedicated roundy round track bike? maybe 2% at best. people buy them to ride on the street and racers buy them from them cheap to race at the track. no different with the Busa.

how many ppl to u think at the drag strip bought a Busa as a dedicated race bike from the dealer? maybe 1% of their sales and that wud be high imo. ppl buy them used and make them track bikes. no different with the GSXR at the drag strip as well.

u see them at the track cause their cheap to buy unlike the MV Agusta and Ducati which are far better track bikes by far!!!!! although it does seem that the GSXR is catching up with technology tho.

GNBRETT what planet are you on? The GSXR1000 is on of the most popular race bikes ever. Go to a track day and most bikes there are gixxers.

Planet Earth where most other street riders live......

as sales go the market is for street riders not racers. just because u see a lot of guys at the track with GSXR's doesn't mean they were bought for that. wat percentage of sluzuka sales are guys that want a dedicated roundy round track bike? maybe 2% at best. people buy them to ride on the street and racers buy them from them cheap to race at the track. no different with the Busa.

how many ppl to u think at the drag strip bought a Busa as a dedicated race bike from the dealer? maybe 1% of their sales and that wud be high imo. ppl buy them used and make them track bikes. no different with the GSXR at the drag strip as well.

u see them at the track cause their cheap to buy unlike the MV Agusta and Ducati which are far better track bikes by far!!!!! although it does seem that the GSXR is catching up with technology tho.

I'll tell you why you see a lot of GSXR's at the track:

- Bulletproof engine
- Really decent handling
- Wide availablity of parts
- Lots of aftermarket goodies
- Not too expensive to buy

And why you do NOT see as many MV/Ducati's
- Parts expensive and hard to come by
- little/no track support (nobody can work on them)
- Finicky
- Did I mention expensive to crash?

Having said all that - if this new Gixxer will accelerate, brake and handle comparable to the new R1 and ZX10, it will have quite a following...

Lasly, in the end, the rider's talent is the winner in the end...or I wouldn't be able to pass a brand new Desmo 1299 on my 8 year old Gixxer 1k..

I've never lined up with a Ducati or Agusta at any track and had them do any type of walking on my 07 or 12 GSXR... BMW's breath a little harder at the top of the speedo, but no diff at human speeds... (150 or below)

The liter class bikes are essentially "race replicas" meaning they are raced in competition. There are club races all over the world, more formal racing series and WSBK and AMA racing where this bike will be the basis for those bikes with a lot of mods obviously. There are no racing series I know of that don't use normally aspirated engines. The Gixxer has become a street favorite because it is an amazingly comfortable and flexible design. That's what makes this new Suzuki so interesting. Suzukis are fantastically "right" mechanical machines. So right that even without a real update in years they are still a formidable track weapon. So what will a Suzuki with electronics be?

The H2 and H2R are essentially a new breed of bike. They are born drag racers, something that I don't recall anyone trying. Remember Kawi has the ZX10R as their racer. It will be interesting if Suzuki goes blown on the new Busa (the concept B-king was blown) so the design is out there.

The bike looks clean and light. Love the way the tail will look once that rear license plate hanger is gone.

Back