If no new busa in '07

gtrpimp76

S.Q.U.I.D. Extraordinaire
Donating Member
Registered
Straight from Mat Mladin's mouth after his dominating VIR win:

"Suzuki has a new GSX-R1000 coming for 2007 and I’m looking forward to some good testing and seeing if we can’t make a better run of it next year.â€￾

Yup. If Zuk doesn't release a new Busa, it's b/c they spent most of their R&D improving the Gixx. And if the so-called word from Mladin's team mate Aaron Yates holds true: GSXR-1000 W/180 RWHP. DAYUM!!!

ive actually been hearing the same thing. 180rwhp liter bike. as much as i love my busa.. u cant argue those #'s.

180RWHP! Well, at least it will save wear and tear on the front tire!
tounge.gif

Though, might need to scrape the bugs off of it once in a while.
laugh.gif

Straight from Mat Mladin's mouth after his dominating VIR win:

"Suzuki has a new GSX-R1000 coming for 2007 and I’m looking forward to some good testing and seeing if we can’t make a better run of it next year.â€￾

Yup. If Zuk doesn't release a new Busa, it's b/c they spent most of their R&D improving the Gixx. And if the so-called word from Mladin's team mate Aaron Yates holds true: GSXR-1000 W/180 RWHP. DAYUM!!!
I dont think I would hold my breath for a 180rwhp 1000 off the showroom. Man that would be like 20 more than anything out right now. Possible but not probable. The new 1000 is coming though and it will be a doozy! Maybe even with traction control if you believe the hype. Lets hope there is at least some parts sharing between the new Gixxer and the 07 Hayabusa.

I doubt R&D on the 1000 would delay a new Hayabusa release. A revamped ZX-10R came out in '06 and Kawasaki still managed to release the ZX-14 the same year.

also realize that Mlandin's parts bin is slightly different than the rest of us...including hand picked pieces that are the most balanced and strictest of tolerances.

factory teams get 130HP 600s.
wow.gif

also realize that Mlandin's parts bin is slightly different than the rest of us...including hand picked pieces that are the most balanced and strictest of tolerances.

factory teams get 130HP 600s.
wow.gif
Oh definitely. But the base for them to work from is STILL showroom style Gixxers. Engine has been modded and tuned to around 200+rwhp.

Thus the motto: "Race on Sunday, Sell on Monday" holds true. Mladin (as do Factory riders from around the world) does have a huge contributing part in the development of the 1000's.

guys guys guys.... no need for a new busa.... it ain't broke. Busa is targeted to older, and also sometimes heavier riders that want a lot of fun. Gix1000 is the new dominating racerboyz bike. The Busa niche is intact, they won't win any World Super Bike races by improving the Busa, and it still sells well. I love the Busa, but it is being outdated... finally after 7 years... with the new stuff. I still don't think they'll bother improving it... much.

the local dealer here by me has sold 14 le's this year, dont know how many regular 1's. thats pretty good for this area i would think

I don't think GSXR devolpment has anything to do with a new Busa or not. Totally different bikes.

Have you rode an 06 Gixxer 1000? Its so fast and nimble its Scaaaaary!
wink.gif
A friend of mine has a 2005 GSXR1K...  Wow.. What a ride!  I took it around some twisties here in town... Extremely light.. Extremely agile!! The throttle response and braking was very impressive.. I had total confidence leaning into turns on that motorcycle... Too much of a good thing..  
biggrin.gif
  I can see how someone can get into trouble on one of those..

But is the Gixxer as confortable as the Busa is my question. I didn't think about the Gixxer when I started looking because of having a son and wife that likes to ride. That little seat on the Gixxer looks like it sucks.

But is the Gixxer as confortable as the Busa is my question.  I didn't think about the Gixxer when I started looking because of having a son and wife that likes to ride.  That little seat on the Gixxer looks like it sucks.
NO. The gixx was made for RACING. The Busa is hands down a BETTER ALL AROUND everyday/top speed/drag racing/sport touring bike.

I'm buying a Gixx for roadracing/track only. Unfortunately my Busa has to go as cost of racing, WERA and WSMC lisences, a full parts bin for GIXX etc will get expensive. Plus I won't be on the Busa too much when I start racing.

I doubt R&D on the 1000 would delay a new Hayabusa release. A revamped ZX-10R came out in '06 and Kawasaki still managed to release the ZX-14 the same year.
Yeah, but when ZX12 sales are on the decline, you have to do something.  I figure as long as Busa sales are steady, and don't drastically decrease, then I think Suzuki will hold off as long as possible, and work on the Gixxer.  But after 7 years, I'm sure the plans for a Better Busa are in place to keep the loyalty in tact.

<!--EDIT|bacharles
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156213143 -->

But is the Gixxer as confortable as the Busa is my question.  I didn't think about the Gixxer when I started looking because of having a son and wife that likes to ride.  That little seat on the Gixxer looks like it sucks.
The GSXR 1000 is NOT A Comfortable Ride!!! But it is SOOOOO Much Fun in the Twisties and Track!!! That is why I had to pick up a Busa, For Distance riding and carrying my wife. Busa and Gixxer, Two different Worlds, but very much compliment each other, I highly reccommend at least One of each!!!

Back