2015 is just BNG...AGAIN!

Well if you ride a busa because you love Busas Don then that works. I ride a Busa because it is a perfect fit to how I ride. So how I ride defines my equipment rather my equipment defining how I ride. If Suzuki is not willing to put in the effort to get me things that I feel will be improvements to my riding experience or safety then we will have to part ways. I think it's a real shame when my 09 is so much better than the later offerings that I'm scratching my head thinking wow, if I buy a 2014 I'll have to start all over again fixing the bike to meet my requirements.

Let's face it, there aren't many stock Busas on the road. The bike may have been a legend in 2000 but now it's a platform for development. Still, it's time for a better platform. The Gen 3 Busa should have TC, ABS, and a lot of power. But I could buy making it as simple as possible and a modern platform for customization. There are so many things Suzuki could have done to the Busa. How about a 240HP drag edition? Easy to do with bore and cam work and a longer factory swingarm. How about a Hayabusa R version with weight savings, suspension upgrades and brakes? How about an GT model with optional hard saddlebags and a bigger tank?

I'm sure the people at Suzuki have to be careful about how they spend their money, after all 2 years ago we were wondering if they would even survive. But this trickling out of lack-luster "new" models is really starting to look like they aren't into the exciting bike business anymore. When is the last time you looked at a new Suzuki model and said I have to get one? The B-King is the last new bike from them that even stirred any passion and that is discontinued now (if you recall BTW, the show model of the B-King was supercharged). JC I could buy a 2013 GSXR1K and buy a bazzaz with TC on it, it's almost embarassing to even roll that baby out to the public.

Well if you ride a busa because you love Busas Don then that works. I ride a Busa because it is a perfect fit to how I ride. So how I ride defines my equipment rather my equipment defining how I ride. If Suzuki is not willing to put in the effort to get me things that I feel will be improvements to my riding experience or safety then we will have to part ways. I think it's a real shame when my 09 is so much better than the later offerings that I'm scratching my head thinking wow, if I buy a 2014 I'll have to start all over again fixing the bike to meet my requirements.

Let's face it, there aren't many stock Busas on the road. The bike may have been a legend in 2000 but now it's a platform for development. Still, it's time for a better platform. The Gen 3 Busa should have TC, ABS, and a lot of power. But I could buy making it as simple as possible and a modern platform for customization. There are so many things Suzuki could have done to the Busa. How about a 240HP drag edition? Easy to do with bore and cam work and a longer factory swingarm. How about a Hayabusa R version with weight savings, suspension upgrades and brakes? How about an GT model with optional hard saddlebags and a bigger tank?

I'm sure the people at Suzuki have to be careful about how they spend their money, after all 2 years ago we were wondering if they would even survive. But this trickling out of lack-luster "new" models is really starting to look like they aren't into the exciting bike business anymore. When is the last time you looked at a new Suzuki model and said I have to get one? The B-King is the last new bike from them that even stirred any passion and that is discontinued now (if you recall BTW, the show model of the B-King was supercharged). JC I could buy a 2013 GSXR1K and buy a bazzaz with TC on it, it's almost embarassing to even roll that baby out to the public.

I understand what you are saying. I do think that there is not a version of a Busa that could hit the streets that some of us would ride bone stock. We would always have to change something. Great conversation in this thread.

They want a ZX-14 with Kanji emblems..... a supercharger like the H2, they want it as light as a moto GP bike, traction control even though 99% of riders have never actually ridden a bike with traction control they STILL want it cause other bikes have it so they must need it...... Oh not to mention touch screen interactive dash that talks to you like an Iphone, Heated LED cup holder just because...??? Detachable hard saddle bags for their 15mile trip to walmart, Ohlins shock, forks, Brembo everything!!!! Carbon fiber any and everywhere humanly possible, BST carbon rims and they want it all for under 10 thousand dollars.....

Does that about sum it up?? :rofl:

and after it is available, they will say it is too expensive. Go figure..

Legends come and go and honestly i think this is one legend that is going.....

Legends come and go and honestly i think this is one legend that is going.....

You may be right.
However from 1999 to 2007 is 9 years so 9 years form 2008 is 2016 so they may still
have something new coming out - just not this year.

Lets face it if they are going to increase power and other stuff they need time to make
sure it's as perfect as possible - and that takes time, effort and money.

Lets also face facts, when was the last time Suzuki won a moto GP or any other major race?

To be fair, if you were expecting anything other than more of the same with the Busa this year and are disappointed, most of the pundits have said the Gen 3 will be a 2016 model so they don't take away from the new GXR1000. It doesn't look like there was much to worry about there because the new 1000 is nothing to write home about unless they magically dropped 100 pounds and added fifty more HP. Guess we'll see when they release the specs.

Just think of it this way, now that the H2R is on the scene, Zook has another year to throw in more goodies, or at least decide on the high side for some of the features they do include.

Don, I guess where I am coming from is similar to your position... let's face it, I am still riding my Gen I and loving it. But, the problem is the Busa may have reached the point of diminishing returns. Think about it. What is the draw to the Busa outside of those who already love the machine? What is being generated in new sales by these BNGs? And, what would inspire someone to dump their older machine and get a new one, just for the different colors? So how much money is being lost in sales to competitors? I agree with you, my bike will be destroyed... it will not go away - a Gen II may be in my future as a stable mate, given the right circumstances - but I will not give up on Bessie... I think it would be great to pass her down to my son... but, why can't at least some of the more/most popular mods be added at least to be more in tune with the community, if they aren't going to blow the doors off with a whole new machine that again redefines motorcycling in the hypersport class?

Don, I guess where I am coming from is similar to your position... let's face it, I am still riding my Gen I and loving it. But, the problem is the Busa may have reached the point of diminishing returns. Think about it. What is the draw to the Busa outside of those who already love the machine? What is being generated in new sales by these BNGs? And, what would inspire someone to dump their older machine and get a new one, just for the different colors? So how much money is being lost in sales to competitors? I agree with you, my bike will be destroyed... it will not go away - a Gen II may be in my future as a stable mate, given the right circumstances - but I will not give up on Bessie... I think it would be great to pass her down to my son... but, why can't at least some of the more/most popular mods be added at least to be more in tune with the community, if they aren't going to blow the doors off with a whole new machine that again redefines motorcycling in the hypersport class?

The original Busa was such a departure and light years ahead from anything else that was on the road, it's difficult to imagine what Zuki could put out that would put them that far ahead again.

I still like my Gen I too.
After all the work that I have put into it and with it having relatively few miles on it,
they would have to come up with something pretty special for me to jump on it.
About the only feature that the Gen II has that I would like is the gear indicator.
My bike runs fine and even though it might not be the fastest bike out there is does pretty well for me.

what would inspire someone to dump their older machine and get a new one

Exactly. I would need Electronic cruise control, Adjustable handle bars and foot pegs, A better seat, A lockable kickstand
that could/will only come up when the engine is running and the clutch lever is pulled in, in natural
and probably a few other things. The point is that they can't please everyone all the time, so I may not get what I want.
Well that keep me from buying a Gen III if it doesn't have the above wishful thinking items? Maybe and maybe not ???

There is no guarantee that they will come out with a III in 2016 either. Just because WE think one is due doesn't mean Suzuki does.

I wonder if anyone at Suzuki even looks at these forums and then use any of the info we suggest ???
May be a case of if they didn't think of it, it's not worth anything to them. Who knows?

OK now for the stupid question of the day. What does BNG stand for?

Red,
BNG stands for the worst three words that can be said regarding new product release:

Bold New Graphics

Suzuki is returning to MotoGP in 2015. My guess is that's when you'll see the third generation Hayabusa.

motogp.com · Suzuki return to MotoGP? with Aleix Espargaro and Maverick Viñales in 2015

Screen Shot 2014-10-04 at 9.17.09 AM.png

Maybe Suzuki is putting all the marbles in the MotoGP effort. As Skydiver pointed out Gixxers are still winning races in pro classes everywhere. Maybe when the MotoGP effort gets going Suzuki will try to capitalize on that to release a really great bike. Maybe the H2R is because Kawasaki got wind that Suzuki was going to put the supercharged engine from the B-King concept in a Gen 3?

I think it comes down to money again and economy reasons I am old enough to remember the early 80s when all of the big 4 manufactures seem to bring out a new models every year those days are gone but its not only suzuki that is not making any big changes to certain models they have I have a honda goldwing 1800 that model came out in 2001 every year they refine it but no total new wing yet the folks on the wing forem are saying the same thing as you guys are at the moment I am really enjoying my gen 2 :thumbsup:

Hate to say it but the economy is hurting many people and it's really cut sales on motorcycles. Ya, BMW, Kawi, Ducati, etc. are all coming out with great new bikes but what do the sales numbers look like? Those manufacturers can afford to take a loss because the bigger company can afford it if sales drop, Suzuki does NOT have that option!

I honestly don't see anything coming for the Busa even in 2016! Unless they release an all new model that's not called the Hayabusa. If Suzuki had the traction control and all new tricks that other companies have in the pipeline you would have seen it on the new GSXR-1000 and they once again did NOT deliver. If Suzuki survives I think we're still a couple years out on ALL NEW state of the art/leading technology from them. We can continue to hope and dream for what we want or you can build your bike to YOUR SPECS and not worry about it.

My bike has been paid off for many many years, not sure I'd be ready to start completely over again unless the bike was a complete game changer even more than in 1999! No chance a factory bike is going to make the power my bike makes when Kawi's biggest and baddest dream bike the H2-R can't do it for $60,000! :laugh:

Well this isn't totally a money thing. If it was why spend all that dough on a MotoGP effort?

I think it comes down to money again and economy reasons I am old enough to remember the early 80s when all of the big 4 manufactures seem to bring out a new models every year those days are gone but its not only suzuki that is not making any big changes to certain models they have I have a honda goldwing 1800 that model came out in 2001 every year they refine it but no total new wing yet the folks on the wing forem are saying the same thing as you guys are at the moment I am really enjoying my gen 2 :thumbsup:

They were all doing a 2 year model refresh, and with the downturn in 2008, they moved to 4 year cycle. That means Suzuki still has no excuse since the busa was last updated in 2007. They were only able to get away not modifying the busa in the 1st gen because it was so far ahead of the competition. Gen 2 was able to do it based on the brand name for a while, but the gravy ride is going to end if they don't get off their collective butts.

Back