2015 is just BNG...AGAIN!

Got-Busa?

Donating Member
Registered
_in_Koeln_Hier_die_Bike-Neuheiten_live-Live_von_der_Messe-Story-420625_630x356px_6_PuC4CdYqUGaR2.jpg

If you look close in the pic they've changed the Brembo caliper from gold to blue!!!

That's what I call innovation :thumbsup: :poke:

Just what is it everyone is so hot to trot for in a new model? My 2009 with 56,000 miles still makes me smile and is a pleasure to own.

IMO...just IMO...

On the street the only improvement this bike really needs is weight reduction. Power, engine response, chassis handling, braking, etc...are all top notch. Sure, they could add more power however, on the street, the current bike has more than any amount ever needed. Personally, I love the design of all the Hayabusas and I am partial to the 08+ style. The power delivery is so linear that traction control is not needed and the only honest issue I have ever ran into is the weight going into turns while trailing the brakes. The front does tend to push easily if you brake late and trail it into a turn. I think if that was resolved by dropping the weight we're looking at a big improvement to the capabilities. I am very happy with my '14 and I hope when Suzuki does decide to update/upgrade that they do it right rather than rush to put something out there just because other competitors have done the same.

Now, as far as what I'd look for in a new model? They could improve the stock levers, paint the rear sets black, lighten the rims, add high/low dampening to the suspension, lighten the bike overall (rims/swing arm/frame/engine materials) Also, this sounds stupid but it would be nice if the fairings were designed so that oil changes were a little easier, perhaps a split which allows the filter/drain plug easier access?

...just IMO!

Nice colour! But I would prefer a 2013 for $3K less., and I agree...The bike does not need any major improvements.

They want a ZX-14 with Kanji emblems..... a supercharger like the H2, they want it as light as a moto GP bike, traction control even though 99% of riders have never actually ridden a bike with traction control they STILL want it cause other bikes have it so they must need it...... Oh not to mention touch screen interactive dash that talks to you like an Iphone, Heated LED cup holder just because...??? Detachable hard saddle bags for their 15mile trip to walmart, Ohlins shock, forks, Brembo everything!!!! Carbon fiber any and everywhere humanly possible, BST carbon rims and they want it all for under 10 thousand dollars.....

Does that about sum it up?? :rofl:

Well at least the exhaust was toned down - probably saved some weight.
The grab rail is painted the color of the bike and not black.

Those are the 2 changes I can see for sure not including the bold color change. :laugh:

These bike are in competition I'm a die hard busa guy but let's not fool ourselves Kawisaki has cleaned suzuki's clock again take your pick the 1440 zx14 or the H2. Suzuki can't be this out of touch. "Good enough" and basically the same thing since 2008 is an insult to those who are seeking "the best" I ride a busa my son just got the new busa and I will say it at this point there is no reason to get a 2015 busa. If I had the cash I would have to get a ZX14 or H2. For my money I want the industry best and sorry zuk you took the lazy road. This is a huge let down no matter how you slice it.

They want a ZX-14 with Kanji emblems..... a supercharger like the H2, they want it as light as a moto GP bike, traction control even though 99% of riders have never actually ridden a bike with traction control they STILL want it cause other bikes have it so they must need it...... Oh not to mention touch screen interactive dash that talks to you like an Iphone, Heated LED cup holder just because...??? Detachable hard saddle bags for their 15mile trip to walmart, Ohlins shock, forks, Brembo everything!!!! Carbon fiber any and everywhere humanly possible, BST carbon rims and they want it all for under 10 thousand dollars.....

Does that about sum it up?? :rofl:

Nailed it! :thumbsup:

Well it's hard to believe that in 5 years since I bought my 09' I've done more to improve the Busa than Suzuki has!

I think the GEN 2 does not need 1 big change but a summation of small little changes. The changes we do ourselves once we get the bike. Brakes , suspension tweaks , ECU tuning , better seat comfort , maybe some weigh reduction , some traction aids . Little things that go a long way .

Fallenarch nailed it...
And that bike is not stock, the pipes, the colored calibers and the black fender are not what Zuk is advertising; that is a show model. It could be that it is some sort of special yosh version - but that is not stock.

And what fallen arch said is why so many are disappointed. I don't need a bigger motor. But, look at the mods that everyone does... small things that could be tweaked... there is brand loyalty and Busa riders have it in the extreme... but after a point of waiting...

Do I need ohlins suspension? Why yes, that would be nice, but if not, how about at least an adjustable rear shock? How about that steering dampener? Rims, wheels? Brembo cylinders? Rotors?

Personally, I have always thought that the Gen IIs are uglier than the Gen I, but then, you don't have to look at it while you are riding it... The colors? It is one thing to say that the Busa is so amazing that it don't need to be changing... but when other manufacturers are dropping bombs, I am of the opinion that something more significant than stickers is called for. Just my opinion.

I'm working on buying Busa #4. I've had 2 Gen 1s and this will be my second Gen 2. People can whine and bash all they want. The solution, don't buy it and don't ride it. Sorry if this ruffles your feathers, but you spent the money on it so don't complain about it. I don't ever see myself riding any sport bike other than a Busa. I've been on a Gixxer of some sort since my first 1986 GSXR750 Limited. Yes there may be faster bikes that handle or brake better but a Busa is what I'll ride. :rant:

Back