New 2015 Gixxr 1000s

The most telling thing here is there is nothing "earth shattering" here. Hope they put it all toward the Gen 3.

Except that BWM and Kawi both release something that makes them look about 5 years behind...grrr

Hope they put it all toward the Gen 3.

I am not holding my breath; while the Hayabusa will always have the most loyal following and largest aftermarket, the fact remains that Suzuki does not consider it their pinnacle machine. Right now, they are more focused on the liter bikes and dominating MotoGP. When it is all said and done, I think that when we finally see a Gen 3 it will fall more in line with other sport touring machines (I'm thinking ZX14 Concours and BMW R1200RT) and less with the new hyperbikes coming down the pipe from BMW and Kawasaki.

Suzuki confirmed our spy-shot based suspicions it is indeed producing a new roadster based on the popular GSX-R1000 superbike, debuting the 2015 GSX-S1000 at Intermot.

All the new 2015 models are on the Suzuki websites.....theres a new GSX-S1000F which I think does look effective but I wish it had more modern looking brake master cylinders and mirrors.
Not a fan of the Blue colours scheme they have but in Red/Black it does look the part.

Still no HP specs on the new 1K...

@ this point does it really matter?? :laugh:

I mean with the hype surrounding Cow's H2 and the surge of BMW in the last few years just taking 1 glance you and I both know "that" ain't gonna cut it no matter how many ponies it's throwing down :whistle:

If I were buying a new bike tomorrow I don't think I would even visit a Suzuki dealer. That's just a crazy thing to think about.

Except that BWM and Kawi both release something that makes them look about 5 years behind...grrr

I don't know...

I bought a new 2013 busa on Aug 14 because my new bmw k1600gt was in the shop for seven weeks (7)...BMW put a new motor in it-could not tell me what problem with old one was. Pretty insane....I will never purchase another new BMW product simply because of the way I was treated-and the sort of attitude from BMW that it is normal for these things to happen and that the customer should be grateful that their new broken motorcycle will be fixed slowly, under warranty.

All of that being said-next to the BMW...the Busa costs approximately HALF- does not pull to the left, have a noisy and clunky, and notchy transmission, catastrophic and unexplained engine failures, driveline lash (obviously :) and will beat the pants off of just about any other bike it comes across. In about six weeks, while also riding my two other bikes (2012 k1600gt, and 1984 r100) I've already put 2700 miles on my busa, and am totally in love with it.

Don't get me wrong, the Busa is a GREAT bike (otherwise I'd have already sold mine). I think for most of us the issue is that the GEN2 Busa is now approaching it's 6th year with only minor changes/improvements, while the other manufacturers seem to be putting a lot more money into R&D and new products. We are all cheering/begging/hoping that Suzuki will eventually do the same with a GEN3 that knocks the socks off the other manufacturers (as we KNOW by past experience they CAN if the set their minds to it)>.

I don't know...

I bought a new 2013 busa on Aug 14 because my new bmw k1600gt was in the shop for seven weeks (7)...BMW put a new motor in it-could not tell me what problem with old one was. Pretty insane....I will never purchase another new BMW product simply because of the way I was treated-and the sort of attitude from BMW that it is normal for these things to happen and that the customer should be grateful that their new broken motorcycle will be fixed slowly, under warranty.

All of that being said-next to the BMW...the Busa costs approximately HALF- does not pull to the left, have a noisy and clunky, and notchy transmission, catastrophic and unexplained engine failures, driveline lash (obviously :) and will beat the pants off of just about any other bike it comes across. In about six weeks, while also riding my two other bikes (2012 k1600gt, and 1984 r100) I've already put 2700 miles on my busa, and am totally in love with it.

These are the sort of BMW owners I love......BMW have always done the R&D at the expense of owners....every model has had major recalls within months of release and most of them have had the potential to kill owners.
Suzuki have their recalls as well but the only iffy one i've every heard of was the 05/06 GSXR1K frame.....the rest has been annoying but minor and usually due to 3rd party supplier components rather than poor design or development.

As for the 2015 GSXR...boring......effectively 5 years old....though in Suzuki's defence they have had numerous owner/money men changes in recent years which has impacted development money.

Back