2015 HAYA's in the Hills

Whats nice about this spot is theres a resturant,gas station,food mart,small store not even 2 miles up the road.few more miles theres a dollar store also..

Food ideas are

Hamburgers,hot dogs
Chicken
Home made pizza
Maybe some steaks...

We will have plenty to eat...lol

(Going to miss someones chili though)

WOW this thread has went cold. Is their no interest in this gathering anymore? I have always found it a great time re-connect with old friends and meet new ones.

Well i wish was one of them, money time and the lack of knowing of owning 2 wheels, is all kicking in. Jeff im sure others will chime in, it takes time.
Have great time as always!

Just wondering is the place booked with the owner,if you check thier listing it doesnt have it listed on dates set...

Well I am starting to get a bad feeling that this event is not going to happen. I think it started out with good intentions but is slowly fading this years. People have not shown the same interest as in the past. I know that I was definitely looking forward to this event this year as therapy for the year I have had.

Hi there. What about changing the format of the meet? Instead of renting a place, how about finding a venue with a motel and a campground sort of thing? Pick a date and who shows, shows. The ox yoke Inn would be a good example. It has a motel , single story , park right in front, good restaurant right there, dollar general across the street, walk to town, camping down by the stream with a firepit.

There are also small cabins to rent. Same sort of thing in Marlinton. Same sort of thing can be found all over the place. Willville off the blueridge.....

Obviously, there is something with the current format that people aren't responding too. Just my unsolicited 2 cents....but clearly something needs to be changed to stimulate interest in this annual event.

I had brought up the motel deal before,but chris likes to "force people to stay together in one place"(his exact words)...im afraid this event is going to die like many before,but getting to the point i dont care about this event ...you cant wait til june to decide you dont want to do the event and then the person its handed to posts a month ago and then dissapeers...to bad i did enjoy this event

mary is starting to heal...was contemplating going....i should text mark today see what he is actually doing. if the cabin got reserved or not.

Well guess this event wont happen...suppose i will have to find something else to do each year now ...

I have spoken with Chris and this will happen this year!!! we just need to hammer out the dates. Do we want to do the 27-30th or the 28-30th? Let get this sorted and get the cabin nailed down. And go from there!!!

Well found out mark is not doing the event....talked with chris and we are going to reserve the woodhaven cabin for either thursday to sunday aug 27-30 or friday to sunday aug 28-30...so anyone interested in attending post up and we will get this event rollin....good times with friends,food,our bikes.more info to come soon.

Back