2013 more than BNG at least in the EU

zukracer

I'm somewhere but dont know where
Donating Member
Registered
We'll see if they bring it here but Suzuki just released on FB that the 2013 will have new goodies :cheerleader:

Suzuki International Europe releases the updated 2013 Hayabusa with Brembo brake calipers and ABS. More photos to come soon!

I'm calling it a Gen 2.1 :laugh:

Any upgrade is a step in the right direction, but I still hope there are bigger plans in the near future.

They announced Brembo brakes and ABS.. That is all, thanks for looking..

Oh, and bold new graphics...

its more change than they have made in the last 5yrs....I would love to see something more but this was just the EU announcement, who knows what will come to the US models. Additions at least show they are continuing to work on the model and perhaps is a prelude to something far better in the 2014-15 model years :please:

Personally, I think both the Hayabusa and the ZX14 will eventually die.

Initially, they were the new kings, the fastest bikes on the road. Now technology brings lighter, faster, better handling bikes in the 1l class and this is where the buyers will go.

Both these bikes are still popular, but a little more develpment in the liter class and they will end up doing a lot of things OK, but not being the best at any of those things any longer.

If Suzuki is smart, they should bring out a liter bike that kills the competition, like they did in the old days and they will be back on top.

If Suzuki is smart, they should bring out a liter bike that kills the competition, like they did in the old days and they will be back on top.

I think if Suzuki was smart, they'd go after the Concours C14 market.. :whistle:

I think if Suzuki was smart, they'd go after the Concours C14 market.. :whistle:

Any idea how many on the road? I see lots of BMW RT1200's less Honda ST1300 and almost never see a Concours. The much lower performance bikes seem to outsell it even at their higher prices. And when it comes to old fart touring :laugh: first it's Harley and then Goldwing.

Any idea how many on the road? I see lots of BMW RT1200's less Honda ST1300 and almost never see a Concours. The much lower performance bikes seem to outsell it even at their higher prices. And when it comes to old fart touring :laugh: first it's Harley and then Goldwing.

Go over to the M109R websites and ask, almost everyone who owned one of them traded it in on a C14.. :rofl:

Go over to the M109R websites and ask, almost everyone who owned one of them traded it in on a C14.. :rofl:

Your right. I used to own an M109R and sold it for a Yamaha FJR. Hated it. I mean it was a nice bike but the buzz in the handle bars drove me crazy and riding it made me feel old( oh wait I am old) But then I saw the light traded it for my 2011 Busa:cheerleader:

Personally, I think both the Hayabusa and the ZX14 will eventually die.

Initially, they were the new kings, the fastest bikes on the road. Now technology brings lighter, faster, better handling bikes in the 1l class and this is where the buyers will go.

Both these bikes are still popular, but a little more develpment in the liter class and they will end up doing a lot of things OK, but not being the best at any of those things any longer.

As long as the 1L class maintains that extremely aggressive riding position, I think there will be a market for the Busa and Zx14. Busa and the ZX are more for like Super Sport Touring riders :laugh: It is good to see that Suzuki has put the ABS on Europe models since it will be required by 2016

( The most-valuable motorcycle feature: antilock brakes )

Seems like a sign the Suzuki intends to keep selling the bike at least in Europe till that time. Not sure what will happen in the USA since there is usually a 1K bump in price from non ABS to ABS on the Kawi site. Not sure if it will be offered as an option here or if the new Busa will be ABS only, and increased price could drop sales and leave the Busa as Eurobike only and the Busa may be an extinct animal on US soil only to be found on foreign soil like some other models :cry:

I don't know about everyone else, but this is why I bought this bike. Being a good all-rounder is what made it a winner. Bikes are a bit too specialized imo. You have to look a bit to find a bike that is good at so many things like the Busa.

Back