I think NO busa in '06

HayaVegas

Donating Member
Registered
I bet SuZuki doesnt release a 2006 hayabusa.

Why would they? - If they know that in 2007 they will be releasing a bigger redesign?

They wouldnt want to hurt sales of the new version by selling to potential customers the year before, - and the year during the zx14.

R & D for a new vehicle needs SALES right away!!! They would want to sell as many as possible without having a bunch of loyalists buying the last year of an old model.

If they come out with a 2006, - I believe it should be the redesign. Not BNG.

BNG doesnt make sense if they are planning a total redesign for 2007.

Especially since the zx14 is going to come out with all its fanfare. I think they will pull the bike, and allow everyone to simmer down after the zx14...

and then they'll respond with an ALL NEW, ITS BACK sort of thing. A lot more effective to pull it and then bring it back as opposed to releasing a design that is over as we know it.

<!--EDIT|HayaVegas
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127755278 -->

Good logic - save for the fact that Busas are flying off the shelves even now at the end of the season. In which case - people are still going to buy Busas in 2006 irrespective of what they do with the bike. I hope they upgrade it for 2006 instead of 2007.

I strongly believe we will be looking at an all new bike for 2006...contrary to popular opinion. Never has the Busa release been shrouded under such secrecy...

wow.gif

Never has the Busa release been shrouded under such secrecy...

wow.gif
yup...except for every single other year...lol

it's always the same game...no word until mid-late Oct / Novemeber time frame. I went through it last year...wiating and hoping...but I decided that the 05 is a good choice, due to it's refinement over the years and the plentiful amount of spare parts that will fit it.
When they do make the changes...who knows what will or won't work with the new...

just be patient...there's supposed to be a Dealer only show in Dallas first week of Oct if I remeber right. Details should be plentifull after that.

I bet SuZuki doesnt release a 2006 hayabusa.

Why would they? - If they know that in 2007 they will be releasing a bigger redesign?

They wouldnt want to hurt sales of the new version by selling to potential customers the year before, - and the year during the zx14.

R & D for a new vehicle needs SALES right away!!!  They would want to sell as many as possible without having a bunch of loyalists buying the last year of an old model.

If they come out with a 2006, - I believe it should be the redesign.  Not BNG.

BNG doesnt make sense if they are planning a total redesign for 2007.

Especially since the zx14 is going to come out with all its fanfare.  I think they will pull the bike, and allow everyone to simmer down after the zx14...

and then they'll respond with an ALL NEW, ITS BACK sort of thing.  A lot more effective to pull it and then bring it back as opposed to releasing a design that is over as we know it.
I've been out of touch for the last few months. How do you KNOW there will be a major redesign in '07?? That would work for me, my '05 would be two years old and ready for upgrading
biggrin.gif

I've been out of touch for the last few months. How do you KNOW there will be a major redesign in '07?? That would work for me, my '05 would be two years old and ready for upgrading
biggrin.gif
[/QUOTE]
Because of the zx14...I think that 2007 is the absoolute LATEST suzuki could wait before providing its loyal following a product to retain its loyal following.

Check out the zx14, and you will see why I think a redesign, (Which Im sure has been in the works for some time...) - is due out in 2007 at the latest.

Also, consider that if Suzuki pulls the busa for 06, they will have essentially protected their record for having the fastest bike...undefeated when in existence.

<!--EDIT|HayaVegas
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127772656 -->

Look, the ZX-14 is, and was not, a secret to suzuki! I wouldn't be suprised if they released a brand new badass Busa. Now don't quote me on this but, I have been a Suzuki dealer for the last 10yrs. and the only time they held back on the release of a new bike is when they revamp it. Look at the GsxR line up, every 2-3 yrs. The Busa hasn't seen a hold out this long yet, and from what I know nobody knows anything about the changes yet. NEXT WEEK BOY'S AND GIRL'S, AND THE WHOLE WORLD WILL KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON!

Is this year a significantly longer hold out? Well, if suzuki does release the new busa that Im sure thay have had planned for several years...

I expect it will have to be a 1500cc. To release a 1500 busa this year would nearly cripple the zx14's prospective sales and potential year's worth of media hype.

I guess, Im just saying that I think its either a brand new 1500 busa, or NO busa at all. I cant imagine suzuki letting the busa be on the market for a year to be trumped with its old design.

It would hurt its image of always being the top daddy.

If they dont usually hold out this long, then its possible if you are right - that they are going to smack down Kawasaki in a big way by releasing the new busa at the same time as the new zx.

Damn that would be some ruthlessness.

My prediction...

BNG for 2006.

BNG for 2007.

Neutered Busa for 2008.

The reason behind my prediction is the performance crushing emissions regulations slated to come into effect in 2008.

Suzuki's ridden the paper donkey for six years now. I think that they may consider that good enough. While they do sell Busas, they're not their primary market so why invest a bunch of time and money on what would in reality be a one-year bike? If I'm right and it's BNG for '06, then the only year they can romp 'n stomp would be '07 because the lights go out - for all intents and purposes for supersport hyperbikes - in '08. What's been produced up until that point will be fine as long as it can meet the emissions regulations in place at the time of manufacture, but anything produced for the '08 model year will have to meet the '08 regs. Kawi will have a two year run with their ZX14 before it goes to visit the vet...

In my opinion it simply wouldn't behoove Suzuki - a relatively small company in the scheme of things - to dump a ton of time and dough on a one-year flash in the pan.

YMMV...

My prediction...

BNG for 2006.

BNG for 2007.

Neutered Busa for 2008.

The reason behind my prediction is the performance crushing emissions regulations slated to come into effect in 2008.

Suzuki's ridden the paper donkey for six years now.  I think that they may consider that good enough.  While they do sell Busas, they're not their primary market so why invest a bunch of time and money on what would in reality be a one-year bike?  If I'm right and it's BNG for '06, then the only year they can romp 'n stomp would be '07 because the lights go out - for all intents and purposes for supersport hyperbikes - in '08.  What's been produced up until that point will be fine as long as it can meet the emissions regulations in place at the time of manufacture, but anything produced for the '08 model year will have to meet the '08 regs.  Kawi will have a two year run with their ZX14 before it goes to visit the vet...

In my opinion it simply wouldn't behoove Suzuki - a relatively small company in the scheme of things - to dump a ton of time and dough on a one-year flash in the pan.

YMMV...
Hmmm....good point
smile.gif

Look, the ZX-14 is, and was not, a secret to suzuki!
That's a bold statement...

On what do you base it?
This may sound stupid but industrial espionage isnt a big deal in the suz/kawi camp. There is plenty of info sharing for strategic market placement. The goal is to upset Honda and Yammy and they strive for that every season. I am sure Suz was made aware of the plans for the 14 bu Kawi. I dont know if Suz has any plans for the busa but I wont be too surprised if they discontinue the design.

My gut feeling is that the bike is here to stay with improvements. I just dont foresee a larger displacement engine featuring anytime soon. Maybe OEM Turbo, delimiter, better EFI...

This may sound stupid but industrial espionage isnt a big deal in the suz/kawi camp. There is plenty of info sharing for strategic market placement. The goal is to upset Honda and Yammy and they strive for that every season. I am sure Suz was made aware of the plans for the 14 bu Kawi. I dont know if Suz has any plans for the busa but I wont be too surprised if they discontinue the design.
No, doesn't sound stupid at all.

I'd considered the collaboration between Kawasaki and Suzuki with regard to their dirt bikes, cruisers and such, but I would tend to believe that all the better reason for each to keep their performance bikes even more under the hush hush. Gotta have something hidden up their sleeves...

My gut feeling is that the bike is here to stay with improvements. I just dont foresee a larger displacement engine featuring anytime soon. Maybe OEM Turbo, delimiter, better EFI...[/QUOTE]

Ahh, so our guts match - except for the OEM turbo...
laugh.gif
wink.gif

Whats with these new regulations. How bad and why will this take away from the Hyper bikes? I just got an 05' Busa and the more I read the happier I am that I got it before all these changes and regulations etc.:)

Whats with these new regulations.  How bad and why will this take away from the Hyper bikes?  I just got an 05' Busa and the more I read the happier I am that I got it before all these changes and regulations etc.:)
Well it's a good thing you asked !

I did a quick search to find some information and a link I could provide and it looks like I'm wrong -- it looks like it'll be 2008 only in California. It'll be 2010 for the rest of the nation before the fit hits the shan.

http://www.amadirectlink.com/legisltn/releases/G01032.asp

Back