2013 BUSA ABS

GR8WHIT3

Registered
So today a very tragic day, 170+ pull... front fender breaks from bolts, rips and blows a decent hole through my fairing, cuts front brake lines clean off. Where can I get OEM fairings!!! Also should I go with Galfer or Spiegler front and rear brake and clutch lines. Thanks.
20201009_221953.jpg
20201009_222005.jpg
IMG_20200720_224408_152.jpg

:welcome: to the Org and your first post. Too bad it had to be this. Never heard of such a thing on a Busa in 20 years. Brake line cut right thru by a piece of plastic. WoW. Looks like it was cut with a knife,those lines are pretty tuff. Looks like a war zone. Was yer fender missing more than just the one bolt when it happened?

missin bolt.jpg

Unrelated but is that a full system exhaust or just slip-ons? Those are nasty dents in the header. I like Galfer lines myself. OEM plastics will have to come from Zook unless a private sale has all the pieces you need.
Thats harsh how the fender got tore off like that and didn't damage the rad or oil cooler. Bike looks all mucky like its never been washed but yer last pic looks like you take care of it very well. Sorry to hear this happen. best of luck with repairs.
Rubb.

Welcome as this is your first post and a sad one at that...

Wow, a fender could do all that damage....???? I'm going to recheck my bolts today.

OEM replacement fairings aren't cheap...ebay might be your friend there-get any color and paint to match is the best bet.

I have Galfer on mine.

Like Rubb said, those down pipes look rough-it's almost like that picture is from another bike other than the white beauty....

Dont know why...but I gave this thread a bit more thought.
Gonna have to call BULLSHI7 on it all. Not really sure what yer agenda is,don't really care. There's an' end game here of sort I'm sure,dont know what that might be.
There is just no way a fender cut that brake line. An' "As seen on T.V." flying Ginsu knife (at 170+MPH) could not have cut that line as cleanly as it is.
Yer pics look like you ran over a curb or rock or perhaps a pile of shi7,IDK.
I tried to play nice at first...but its really just not my personality type.
You may want to re-think your introduction to our website.
Rubb.

I can imagine fast moving broken plastic tearing through a rubber hose, but I'm baffled at how it did that kind of damage to the lower fairings...a curb makes a lot more sense. Who knows, I wasn't the one riding.

I can imagine fast moving broken plastic tearing through a rubber hose, but I'm baffled at how it did that kind of damage to the lower fairings...a curb makes a lot more sense. Who knows, I wasn't the one riding.
I just couldn't wrap my head around the physics of it. (ex father-in-law was physics prof for 40 years) Anyway...bike is going 170+,fender is going 170+ when the 2 meet in a micro second (the distance from the fender to the brake hose) how has the fender gained or lost any velocity when it strikes the hose. It don't matter to me one way or another,just find it odd,thats all.
If it happened that way...I'll serve myself up another big helping of crow. [again]
I'm feeling a little peckish right now anyway. :laugh:
Rubb.

Dont know why...but I gave this thread a bit more thought.
Gonna have to call BULLSHI7 on it all. Not really sure what yer agenda is,don't really care. There's an' end game here of sort I'm sure,dont know what that might be.
There is just no way a fender cut that brake line. An' "As seen on T.V." flying Ginsu knife (at 170+MPH) could not have cut that line as cleanly as it is.
Yer pics look like you ran over a curb or rock or perhaps a pile of shi7,IDK.
I tried to play nice at first...but its really just not my personality type.
You may want to re-think your introduction to our website.
Rubb.
yes id lie and fabricate a BS story LOL who the hell hits curbs??? Anyways no it was only missing 1 bolt which i had coming through an order thats taking forever on shipping. Ive ran plenty of 170+ runs no problems. Bike had sat for weeks with occasional ride around the block. 60 miles into the ride straight highway, no rocks, or CuRbS. Fender snapped, somehow brake line cut clean. Couldnt give you an explanation on how it cut like a razor was put to it. And "re- think my introduction"??? Ha. I came here for input on what I should go with and where to get it, I didn't need someone to think of multiple scenarios other from what actually happened. Thanks for the input tho.

Trust me i was shocked as well when i saw the damage. But no curbs or rocks were hit. What im thinking is fender started cracking from bolts caught tire went a rotation being at 170 ran over it, went under tire, slingshot back and blew through bottom of fairing and somehow cut brake line somewhere in between.

I just couldn't wrap my head around the physics of it. (ex father-in-law was physics prof for 40 years) Anyway...bike is going 170+,fender is going 170+ when the 2 meet in a micro second (the distance from the fender to the brake hose) how has the fender gained or lost any velocity when it strikes the hose. It don't matter to me one way or another,just find it odd,thats all.
If it happened that way...I'll serve myself up another big helping of crow. [again]
I'm feeling a little peckish right now anyway. :laugh:
Rubb.
So I can't see the fitting but seeing as the brake line is attached to the fender I can definitely see it plausible that if the fender came loose at 170 it could have torn the line from the fitting and I have seen them pulled on cars like that after accidents and look like they were cut so it may be possible. While @GR8WHIT3 says cut may have been from being pulled out of the fitting. Just taking an outside view of what may have happened but that's just my 2 cents not to say it's worth anything.

Trust me i was shocked as well when i saw the damage. But no curbs or rocks were hit. What im thinking is fender started cracking from bolts caught tire went a rotation being at 170 ran over it, went under tire, slingshot back and blew through bottom of fairing and somehow cut brake line somewhere in between.
As far as brake lines I'm hoping to upgrade mine this winter and have been looking at core moto to get mine.

yes id lie and fabricate a BS story LOL who the hell hits curbs??? Anyways no it was only missing 1 bolt which i had coming through an order thats taking forever on shipping. Ive ran plenty of 170+ runs no problems. Bike had sat for weeks with occasional ride around the block. 60 miles into the ride straight highway, no rocks, or CuRbS. Fender snapped, somehow brake line cut clean. Couldnt give you an explanation on how it cut like a razor was put to it. And "re- think my introduction"??? Ha. I came here for input on what I should go with and where to get it, I didn't need someone to think of multiple scenarios other from what actually happened. Thanks for the input tho.
Bs or not....introduction always helps if you want help...just saying....

Back