Galfer front brake lines

Shean

Registered
Hey can anyone give me a hand? I'm upgrading my front lines to stainless steel galfer brake lines, but how in the heck do I remove it from that front fender. And what is the size of that bolt on the triple tree that holds the line. I'm getting frustrated I have walked away didn't want to brake anything.:angry::angry:

Sorry...I don't have that info in front of me. Be patient Shean, it's the weekend...someone will eventually chime in and help ya out.

Congrats on the Galfer lines, they make a nice product...will make for a nice noticeable improvement :thumbsup:

On the gen2 you pinch the backside of the clip that holds the line going from caliper to caliper and their is a nut on the back of the clamp for the other brake line. Best I can remember.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ok got everything put back toghetor. Bleeding these lines are the pits, I cant seem to get all the air out, there is praticaly no pressure building up. The resevior is full with fluid and every thing is tight and there no leaks. Can anyone give me a hand..... The lines I purchahed are the ones where each caliper has its own individual brake line.

put a clear hose over the bleeder, tightest one you can get. leave the cap off the resevoir, put the end of the hose in a clear jar. crack the bleeder and start pumping the lever. once you get enough fluid in the jar it won't suck air back in. keep filling and pumping untill there isn't any air left. I hope this helps. It's how I do it anyway.

If I was to give you one piece of advice that will certainly save you hours of bleeding, cursing and sleepless nights that one piece of advice would be Mity Vac or any Chinese derivative of that.

Harbor Frieght has an excellent China knock off that works. Buy it and you'll be smiling in 20 minutes.

Gravity bleed. Open the bleeders, leave the res cap off, let the fluid flow out till it flows free with no bubbles, checking the res regularly to make sure it still has fluid. Once no more bubbles come out, tighten everything up. Yes, it's a good bit slower than the typical pump, squeeze, hold, open, close, repeat method, but in some situations it works better.

put a clear hose over the bleeder, tightest one you can get. leave the cap off the resevoir, put the end of the hose in a clear jar. crack the bleeder and start pumping the lever. once you get enough fluid in the jar it won't suck air back in. keep filling and pumping untill there isn't any air left. I hope this helps. It's how I do it anyway.

That's a great idea!

Hey can anyone give me a hand? I'm upgrading my front lines to stainless steel galfer brake lines, but how in the heck do I remove it from that front fender. And what is the size of that bolt on the triple tree that holds the line. I'm getting frustrated I have walked away didn't want to brake anything.:angry::angry:

I don't know if you have your problem fixed but Pashnit setup a great thread with a lot of great videos:

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/pashnitbusa-com/122950-galfer-braking-videos-lines-pads-rotors-how-install.html

Back