2012 L2 Busa Throttle issue

hayabusa_steven1

Registered
Hi, I have a 2012 Busa with a bit of an issue !!
When you go 100% throttle in any gear it will only rev to 8500-9000 revs but if you back off the throttle by say 5-10% it will rev through to 11,000 rpm !!
It has a quick action throttle on it and new throttle cables.
It seems to be an intermittent problem and when it doesn’t have this issue it feels perfect !!
I’ve had the injectors flow tested and fuel filter/pump cleaned and all was ok.
I’ve checked the TPS and it was ok.
Any ideas ???

Just a quick update with regards my issue !!

Turns out the fuel filter inside the actual fuel pump was restricting the fuel to the injectors at high load causing it to go very lean at high revs 8500 - 9000. The filter is non serviceable so it was replaced with a low mileage complete fuel pump assembly and she's back to full power :))
All I need now is some sunshine and dry roads !!

All this work was done by Sean @ Big CC Racing, what a great bunch of guys they are.

354.JPG

Had a plumber here today installing a back up sump pump and we got to talking and I mentioned I had a Hayabusa...he and his partner got really excited and asked if they could see it...

When I took the cover off it one of them asked if they were all turbocharged...I kind of chuckled at that, I said "nope, that's something people do in the aftermarket" He said he thought they were all turbo'd as they are so fast...

Back