Throttle Cable

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
Last season I felt the busa was a little sluggish on the throttle response. I had a throttle body sync done and that made the engine smoother but it still felt funny. I decided to change the throttle cables for some reason. Being an old dirt bike rider we used to change cables every year, sometimes more when one broke. For all you kids out there bikes back then were all cables, no hydraulics!

A nice thing about a bike like a busa is a throttle cable for a 2016 works on any Gen II and the new cables appear to be better. They have a coating on the steel that slips through the housing with almost no resistance. Anyway amazing. The old cable was almost an inch and a half longer than the new cable and I believe at least some of that was stretching. New cable is tight and snug and OMG throttle response is back! Never would have expected that much of a change from a throttle cable. Even the cruise control engages smoother. BTW the ECU is already flashed.

better throttle response is always a good thing, glad you figured it out...makes me wonder about my 11 yr old cable :beerchug:

About 30K miles on the cable. I sort of thought street bike cables lasted the life of the bike. I oiled them once long ago.

Thanks arch. Makes sence, like you posted earlier, I change the cables on my dirt bikes at least once a year and oil them every week we ride. Just never thought about street bikes for some reason.

Back