R1 throttle tube install help

fiend

Formerly fiend44444
Donating Member
Registered
I'm at a loss at the moment with the adjustment of the cables. I changed the throttle tube out the other morning and didn't have any problems other than the throttle not "snapping" shut. It takes it about 1 to 1.5 seconds to fully close. I have adjusted the cables, made sure they weren't in a bind and so on. It is although on of the cables is too tight, but I am able to adjust them to the loosest place and it still feels like the cable is hanging up somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is with the grips on, right? The R-1 tube is shorter than stock and the grip rubs on the 3/16" or so bar that's left exposed. Put the grip on further and you should be fine. It's a kind of a pain with a throttlemeister.

I have a gap between the bar end and the end of the grip already. Is the washer supposed to go inside or outside the housing?

It goes on the outside-between the housing and the grip, if at all. I threw mine away. Make sure the bar and inside of the tube is good and clean, I usually give the inside of the tube and the bar a spray of a dry lube like Dupont Blue or Tri-Flow but no dirt attracting grease or oils.

I'll try the lube in the morning when I get home. Thanks.

Back