Throttle Cable

Luvanicebum

Registered
OK...I have the throttle grip taken apart and I cannot seem to get the cable over the little tap to get the bead out of the hole. Are both those cables actually one cable that travels down to the throttle body and then back up into the grip again? Do I need to disconnect the throttle cable under the gas tank to get the grip off?

Hmm - not sure - but disconnecting the cable at the T-bodies is easy - just a couple of wrenches to loosen the nuts...

Yea, you have to lift the fuel tank and remove both cables from the throttle drum.
I'm going to machine the plastic throttle sleave and grip all as one piece on the CNC. Then just slap a piece of this really perfect wrapped rubber tubing we have at work over the aluminum grip. I might even machine a couple slots in the handlebar for a set of needle bearings for smooooooth operation of the throttle.

From what I gather it is 2 cables. The part fiche show 2 throttle cable assemblies.

yea, I just found it in the fiche too.
It appears to be 2 cables attached to the throttle drum.  I imagine if I disconnect those, the upper grip portion will let go like it's supposed to.....without me yankin on it with a pair of needle nose pliers...
all_coholic.gif

Thanks for taking the time guys. appriciate it.
I'll snap some pics when I get the new throttle made.

Back