Bike issues when starting from cold

Jza

Registered
I know the answer is to go back to mapper (150 mile round trip) but im not sure its to do with the remap...... hence question.

2011 Gen 2 - ECU remap full Yoshi system. It has always been a bit "on off" at low revs on a constant throttle but has got worse and worse.. after initial ECU remap it seemed to have solved it...

My bike now starts ok but after the intial firing into action (about 10 secs) the revs drop and it stalls. Starting it again i need to hold the throttle open a bit till it warms... other wise it stalls. ive set the tickover a bit higher but its not that... its also started to backfire!

Wondered if anyone has any ideas.. as i say im not convinced this is the re-map as it was fine and now suddenly got worse...

Jza

Last one I had that was like that was off a tooth on the cams. But if the cams were never out then take it to the tuner or just deal with it.

Undo your handy work :poke: What are the temps there ? Mine has always fired right up, then after 5 or 10 seconds drops slightly below 1K, but comes back up. In the winter months it might come back up a little higher and stay that way a little longer. They have a procedure for cold cranks in cold weather that allows you to use 1/4 maybe 1/2 throttle to crank, but that's to crank.

Back