cold start problem

wimmer

Registered
I have a 2008 hayabusa. I have a full Yosh r-77 4-2-1 exhaust with a pc3. When i first start the bike when its cold it bogs down almost stalling, runs rough for a min or so and eventually smooths itself out. if you give it gas it bogs even more. I recently just purchased this 4 days ago. The bike runs great, has a ton of power and has no hesitation after the start up issue. I changed the plugs today, put some seafoam in to clean it out. I wonder if it has a wrong map or somethingnin the pc3- not sure though... I changed the plugs today thinking that may be the issue. No luck. has anyone ever ran across this?

Where do you live ? It's winter and my '08 does the same thing. Did you just buy the bike 4 days ago or did you just mod the bike 4 days ago ?

mine use to to that but i found some non ethanol gas and started running it and it hasnt did it since.just my two cents:whistle:

it is winter so that may be the problem... what is a tre? i just bought the bike 4 days ago. everything was already done to the bike when i bought it.

It's a total waste or Time Retard Eliminator. Do a search, easy to find. Remove if you find it. :laugh:

On cold days my bike takes and extra spin or two to fire, revs up, and then stumbles for maybe 3 to 5 seconds and goes right up to a good idle, warms up a little and smooths off around 1200 R.P.M.s

As my old friend Don use to say " Grip it and Rip it :laugh: "

Back