Bike surge after PC-V Map

Jza

Registered
Hey folks,

Have full Yohsi exahust with PC-V and have done the marble pair valve mod to stop the massive misfires... The exhaust end pipe seems very "black powdery" which i think says it running rich...

My PC-V remap was great until i went to the alps (lots of slow corners) when it became apparent that if you arent gunning it.. the bikes now pretty crappy on a closed throttle/or are just crusing at slow speeds... at idle it revs up and down (only a few hundred RPM above normal idle but noticable) and when your driving that translates into throttle on/off/on jerkyness at slow speeds.. i have to use the clutch basically in the slow corners otherwise its pushing me wide...

So... using the throttle its amazing... off the throttle / coasting round a corner on a neutral throttle its lumpy as hell.

Is this the map or do i have a problem with the bike...? could the mapper have only worked on the "gunning it" map and left the low revs stuff alone (ie doesnt work)?

Jza

I have a log box and I noticed the same if I "autotuned" the IAP maps. The "throttle < 11%" maps in other words. Not the plugs at least on mine. I am investigating now by writing the original bin back to the ECU.

Roger that. Tune Issue. Keep the tune out of the "economy" mode. It feels like a loose chain. Bad in first gear. You want smooth power when rolling on in 1st.

I have been told "Suzuki pays engineers millions to make the bike kick ass out of the corners."

I flashed back to stock and the problem disappeared on mine. It could be timing, or fuel. I am going to start from here, and try the tune a step at a time. I suggest OP do the same.

Back