PC V with TBR Slip ons and k/n airfilter ! Waste of money ?

bigron

Registered
Hi Guys , I have a Gen 2 2011 busa that has covered around 3900 miles. It has the TBR CF slip ons and a k/n air filter. I just got the pc v yesterday and uploaded the map dynojet has on their website for this kind off a set up ( map NO. M20-008-012) . After all said and done , i dint really notice any substantial improvement ( if any ) in throttle response / power delivery / general performance. Now the question , does the pc v actually improve anything when hooked onto a slip on or the real benefits come only from a full exhaust system ? If this is the increase i might just can my pc v . Any suggestions / opinions.
PS : We dont have a tuner in India where I can go and get it on the dyno. For that matter , we dont even have a dyno here yet. So i am stuck with the performance that only a map can give . Thanks guys.

The only true way to put all things you put on the bike is a dyno tune. Also don't expect to much from slip ons.

Thanks for the reply guys. I guess i should have just picked up a full system right from the start. Atleast now i have motivation to work harder.

You can get the Vance&Hines stainless steel universal header. It works with ALL mufflers, even the stockers.
I have seen a couple bikes dyno tuned on this site with it and they make good power(most all full systems are within a couple hp of each other anyway). It'll get rid of that catalytic converter too, that thing puts off too much heat on your feet.
There are also no oil filter clearance issues and it has an O2 bung.
They are under $400:beerchug:

This link costs more, but you cam PM RussellJ, as he bought one new recently for around $370.

Vance and Hines Stainless Steel 4-into-2 Exhaust Headers Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa Models

Thanks a bunch sixpack577. i ll snoop around this right away . These headers will fit right into my TBR slip tubes ?

only thing to gain from slip ons is weight savings, it doesnt need a map so no gain with pcv, the stock air filter will outflow a k&n, so you really havent gained anything, aside from looks, sound, and losing some weight.

if you start having popping on decel look up the pair valve mod on here.

if you do the header youll gain more and lose a little more weight, if you get a brocks system he has map support for the pcv so you dont really "need" a dyno tune, itll be really close out of the box.

I really like the brocks streetmeg 20'' full exhaust system. On top of my priority list .But by the time i have it shipped to me internationally along with the custom duty i ll have to pay the system will cost me over 2200$ .

I really like the brocks streetmeg 20'' full exhaust system. On top of my priority list .But by the time i have it shipped to me internationally along with the custom duty i ll have to pay the system will cost me over 2200$ .

might look into tiforce or akrapovic then, they can get you their systems maybe a little cheaper as theyre in asia.

hey sixpack577 i am on my way to ordering these right away. Just wanted to know what maps will i be using for the set up. my tbr slip on maps or the v/h header maps ? or some other full exhaust system with dual set up maps? ??? Any help would be great. thank you.

Naa smith, that's one thing i cant get done. Not a single tuner where i stay. In fact not a single dyno in my part of the world (India). Maybe there is a dyno ( for cars) some 3700 miles ( South India) away from where i stay but that's about it. No independent garages have dynos and specific super bike tuners. So Maps is all i have to depend Upon. Kinda sucks considering an on road price of a busa here is roughly 30,000 US $.

Back