Power Commander V

outlawbusa

1 wheel up aero testing
Donating Member
Registered
is the Power Commander V available for 2008 models?

Why does everyone list the PC V for only 2009 and newer bikes (even dynojets own web site)~?~

Does it not fit on the 2008 Busa~?~

Has anyone had good experiences with the auto tune feature, bad experiences, and does it eliminate the need to dyno tune~?~

As long as you run a PC III USB in the other bikes (same make and model) I would assume that the PC V can be moved from bike to bike to tune then take that map and run in another PC...

My big concern right now is will it fit the 2008 Hayabusa

Last edited:
It will fit the 2008 no issues there, however the Bazzaz offers much more flexibility and the ability to tune all 8 injectors if ever need be.

I read a million posts on this issue, and the deduction I have made is that it is ok, and will fit, but if something happened to the pc as in warranty issues, or the bike because of the pc, you would be SOL with DJ!

Actually the pcV has the ability to tune all 8 as well, with an extra lil box thing a ma jig. I think the cost is a lil less for the PC.

I got a PC. V on my 2008 bike, I have the M-4 pipe map downloaded on my
PC. runs great,,
Mike
VacationAug09132.jpg

08-09 ecu is the same. PCV only controls 4 injectors, which is okay if you just want small mods etc. If you want to get lots of fuel from the bike ECU flashing is the best way to go IMO

you can put a PCV on your 08 Busa, i have it on mine (Orange 08) but why bother when good tuners can tune using the ECU Editor? its way better and the ability to control the original ECU is great. you get a lot more than fuel adjustment and you can remove all the restriction from your bike. plus there is nothing to install... very clean and clever solution. Just make sure to find a tuner who know how to use the ECU editor tuning.

Last edited:
We have an ECU editer also (I haven't learned or tried it yet :laugh:)...however, we are running short on time (it's only getting shorter because we're still waiting on UPS to arrive) and I may not have time to dyno tune two bikes before Maxton's first event with work schedule.

We have an idea of hooking up a PC V to get a good map then transfer these maps to the PC III's to hold the map in the system to run on, then worry about a good dyno later.

Ideas~?~

Last edited:
Are the skills needed to be a good tuner with ECU Editor any different then being a good tuner with any of the other management systems?

Bad news is I don't have a tuner within 690 miles & that involves me shipping my Busa overseas. So what in your opinion is my best option...

I made a couple phone calls this morning and there seems to be some speculation that they have come out with an auto tuner add on for the PC III USB. I have a feeling it's just speculation because I don't see anything about it on the internet or their site.

Has anyone heard that there is one available~?~

Thank you all for the information provided.

After talking to a few shops this morning and dyno shops, Brock's, Dyno Jet, local shop, etc, etc, I think I will pick up a V this evening and give it a try.

My concern was that it may not richen enough to make it safe, but common theory is it will do just fine. We will probably give it a try on at least 2 (mild bikes) out of 3 bikes. The third...well, we might try it but it'll probably have to be dynoed to get it right to be on the safe side~!~ https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/busa-mods/120823-big-winter-project-under-way.html

---------

Yes, the PCV and Auto-tune accessory would eliminate the need to dyno tune. You should use your current map to auto-tune from.

The PCV for the 2009 Busa will work on the 08 model.

Let me know if you have any further questions,

--------

Thank you Smithabusa for answering some of my questions and to all those involved~!~

Last edited:
let me know if you change your mind, will give you a nice deal on ecu flashing if you wish to pursue that route

If no dyno buy a logger such as dl32 with wideband o2 lc1
Posted via Mobile Device

+1. The dyno tune will get you close, but to fine tune it based on how and where you ride, data logging is the way to go. You need to get a good base map to start. This is the trunck of my Gen1

DSCI0230.jpg

Yes, the PCV and Auto-tune accessory would eliminate the need to dyno tune. You should use your current map to auto-tune from.

Not from my experience it won't :whistle: Autotune will give it a set off fuel cell figures that may be great for emission and economy but will certinaly not build fuel cell values for power and performance. As for tuners :rulez: have said many times if your tuner is not competant enough to build a map with Editor ............. find another tuner as the one you have has obviously very limited ability. :whistle:

Back