Power Commander V Question

WaynesBusa

Registered
Would I gain anything by adding a Power Commander V to my bike even though it is completely stock at this point? I was thinking about going with an Akrapovic exhaust system for the bike - probably first quarter of next year but was curious as to whether or not I would gain anything by just adding the PC-V to the bike now? Also, would I lose the "modes" that the bike has already?

Would I gain anything by adding a Power Commander V to my bike even though it is completely stock at this point? I was thinking about going with an Akrapovic exhaust system for the bike - probably first quarter of next year but was curious as to whether or not I would gain anything by just adding the PC-V to the bike now? Also, would I lose the "modes" that the bike has already?

You could technically gain some horsepower if the bike was dyno-tuned on the PC-V, but it would be a complete waste of money until you have other mods to utilize the PC-V. No, the mode switch will still work just fine with any type of piggy back fuel controller.

How about adding in that auto tune module - supposedly from what I was told I wouldn't have to get it dyno-tuned since with the auto tune it is always remapping. Does anyone have experience with the auto tune?

Auto Tune module has mixed results. Nothing beats a qualified tuner working on your individual bike.
A nice full exhaust, Pcv and a dyno tune can result in upwards of 20-25 addtl horsepower and most importantly a nice smooth fuel and power curve.

Thanks for the information Honda East Justin and Blanca Busa...I want to get the Akrapovic but it will take a bit to get the $$$ up for that system - figured I would jump the gun and get the PC-V and get it installed. The Auto Tune, from what I understand, will require a new bung welded in to hold the O2 sensor...

I have the pcv and the autotune and haven't had any problems. I used a tuner initially because i modded to the extreme (supercharger). My bike was also fine tuned by gear and throttle positions. The tuner said the autotune makes adjustments while you're riding and attempt to keep your set target afr throughout your riding range. It also allows you to see what trims it's made afterwards but connecting the unit to you laptop. After reviewing the trims it gives you the option of saving the trim it's made or just keeping the original map set bt the tuner. At the beginning the trims (adjustments) may be large. If you save them each time they'll get smaller and smaller over time. My original tune was excellent so I chose not to save the trims and I've gotten the same dyno numbers on three different dynos, so I'm really happy with the results.

Thanks for the information Honda East Justin and Blanca Busa...I want to get the Akrapovic but it will take a bit to get the $$$ up for that system - figured I would jump the gun and get the PC-V and get it installed. The Auto Tune, from what I understand, will require a new bung welded in to hold the O2 sensor...

Not a problem. If you have an aftermarket exhaust, you most likely will not have to have a new bung welded in. I still believe that just going with the PC-V and then having the bike dyno-tuned by a reputable shop is worth much more than the Auto-Tune. Once the bike is dyno-tuned, there should be no real need to have it "auto adjusted".

Dont get this Auto-Tune... is it real time (as im being told by the shop trying to sell me it) or does it just SUGGEST what you should upload to improve the map.. but doesnt actually tweak things as you ride?

The video I seen on Powercommander site they showed the Air/Fuel and showed it adjusting on the fly when you enable the feature either by a computer or via toggle switch. If you do not enable autotune feature it will build a trim map that you have to go in and manually accept or decline changes.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

The nice thing about the autotune module is if you are in an a area without a reputable tuner you trust close by.

The nice thing about the autotune module is if you are in an a area without a reputable tuner you trust close by.

That would be a perfect reason to get one

Back