Power Commander V questions

jcornwell101

Registered
The 2017 busa I bought came with a K and N filter, Power Commander 5 and 4-2-1 full yoshimura R77 carbon exhaust.

With the Power commander 5 what kind of cable do I get to plug into it? Is there anything special you have to do besides hooking a laptop to it from the USB with the downloaded software?

Last time I messed with this was when Power Commanders first came out and I have one installed on my 2007 R6. I am wondering if anything changed or if there is anything special.

I just want to see if they had a custom map or the one for my exhaust installed.

Also how does the power commander affect power modes for the A, B, and C?

The firmware in the PC5 may need to be updated to match the latest software. DJ customer support will help you with that. I believe you can get the latest firmware off of their website as well as the latest version of the software.

What you need is a USB cable to connect your computer to the PC5. I believe it was the common USB-B size cable. You may find a 90° USB-B better depending on the location of the module, especially if you intend to carry the laptop on the bike for road tuning.

If you have a PC3 on your R6, the PC5 is a little different but essentially, serves the same purpose. You can figure it out if you used an older model.

Since the power modes on a 2017 busa are caused by different intake valve maps in the ECU, seems to me you would need a separate fuel map to run with optimally with whichever power mode you are using. A map switch you can use on the fly is available for the PC5. The PC5 can hold up to two maps but not three. I would just load whatever map you like for A mode and if you use B mode or C mode, switch to a zero map. A zero map has 0 input to every cell so there will be no change to stock fueling. Switch to your zero map when you use power modes B or C.

Just some ideas to kick around. I have a Bazzaz on my 08 busa and I never took that out of A mode. I used a PC5 quite extensively on my 08 ZX-14 but that's quite a different beast than the Gen2 busa.

I don't really toggle any of the modes with that, it feels fine in A mode. This weekend I removed my hyperpro shock and installed the hydraulic adjuster then sorted out rear settings. I will probably start looking at that next, because I am curious as to what the previous owner did in terms of the mapping.

when u open up the program on a computer, u can look at the loaded map on the pcv. if it’s all zeros, no map is loaded. you probably have some type of map loaded with the full exhaust. the pcV is a “piggy back” controller that modifies the fuel signal to the injectors. the power mode’s are control by the ecu and the power commander doesn’t change ecu settings

Back