Power Commander questions

BLUTO

Registered
My 08 came with a full Yosh exhaust & Power Commander 3. Previous owner downloaded the correct map for the exhaust. My mileage sucks- only seeing 35mpg , bike runs good but I have a few questions;

Does the Power Commander; 1. remove the speed limiter?

2. allow full power in all gears, like in 6th?

Im aware that there are better ways to tune but this is already on there & paid for. I just was wanting to find out what all the Power Commander does?

The Power Commander does not remove any limiters. It is simply just a piggyback system for your fuel mapping.

35mpg sounds about right. Some ppl get more some ppl get allot less. Its all abotu how you ride it. Are you shifting at 4000 or 9000 rpms? Are you putting crappy gas in it? How are your tires? These will all effect your milage.

If you want to remove limiters, you will need to flash the ECU or go with a TRE( which most will agree on an 08 that a TRE is a BIG NO NO but thats just from ppl who have learned the hard way).

Also a bad map on the PC3 may cause crappy MPG. If you didnt personally see hte map that was put on it, it may be benificial to get someone to check it out on a dyno and see what it looks like.

Also a bad map on the PC3 may cause crappy MPG. If you didnt personally see hte map that was put on it, it may be benificial to get someone to check it out on a dyno and see what it looks like.

Agree! Pay to get it dyno tuned...the difference is amazing!:thumbsup:

Milwaukee Ducati in Pewaukee, or look up Moon's cycle. Those are the ONLY two places I'd let tune my bike. T.J. at Milwaukee Ducati knows his stuff, he used to build the ama race bikes for hmc Ducati.

Posted with my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk.

Back