Power Commander for 08 - Do they have a PC V for it?

Charlie Dont Surf

Registered
Getting ready to throw a set of Akra 4/2/2's on my 08. I know I will need a PC unit for it, but most sites I have found only offer a PC III and no V (Dyno's website did the same to me). Do they not make a PC V for an 08? I would think there's not much difference from an 08 to a 09 correct?

The PCV is the same for 08, even though it's listed for 09 to 11. The 08 isn't listed as I belive the PCV was released for the Busa in 09.

The ECU Editor is much better than any power commander too, check it out.
boostbysmith.com - Home

Getting ready to throw a set of Akra 4/2/2's on my 08. I know I will need a PC unit for it, but most sites I have found only offer a PC III and no V (Dyno's website did the same to me). Do they not make a PC V for an 08? I would think there's not much difference from an 08 to a 09 correct?

Buy a PC-V for a 2009, Dynojet part number 20-008. It retrofits and works just fine . . . POWERHOUSE sells it, so does everybody else. Just tell whoever you are purchasing it from that it is for a 2009. Plug it into your 08 and go get a custom map . . .:rulez:

Appreciate the info and advice guys - after 2 years the mod bug has bitten me bad. I've read blurbs of the ECU mod and how great it is - why is it better than a PC (aside from cost and space)? Any disadvantages?

Thanks again for sharing your knowledge with a green guy. :beerchug:

Appreciate the info and advice guys - after 2 years the mod bug has bitten me bad. I've read blurbs of the ECU mod and how great it is - why is it better than a PC (aside from cost and space)? Any disadvantages?

Lower cost with more versatility! Just have an experienced tuner who is capable of manipulating the software. :thumbsup:

No Pc to go bad or cause problems, removes ALL restrictions, controls timing and all 8 injectors, can't think of any negatives...

Back