2010 no start

Tetsuo1000

Registered
Last fall thumbed the start button, headlight goes out and nothing. So I figure it is time to replace original battery. Now it is spring, put in a new full charged lithium battery, thumb the starter and the same thing.
Please assume I am an electrical idiot and don’t know how to use a multi meter, because that sounds about right.
The Rectifier is like a regulator, Don’t need it for starting but very important for operating and recharging, correct? Because my recall has not been done.
Please suggest next course of action. Thank you kindly.

I will check to see if the clutch switch is functioning

It has to be something simple, a sticking clutch switch or stand switch, even try to move the rear tire (if on a stand, or rock it) to make sure it is in fact fully in neutral, sometimes the light lies...

Beyond that, starter solenoid maybe...??

It has to be something simple, a sticking clutch switch or stand switch, even try to move the rear tire (if on a stand, or rock it) to make sure it is in fact fully in neutral, sometimes the light lies...

Beyond that, starter solenoid maybe...??
It was the clutch lever switch! Stupid Suzuki! (Not me lol) you were right Yellow. Something simple. Man I got so worked up over it, feeling foolish. So great to get it started. I think I might be too emotionally invested in the well being of that machine! Thank you

:lol:..............could you only imagine if it was that simple.....

Over the winter i got new short levers for the clutch. I wanted to start the bike earlier this season and had the same issue. light went out and didnt start. It took me hours....to go thru every part of the bike ( also since i had taken the whole bike apart over the winter aswell). I found out later then that the lever was on lowest setting (1) and didnt engage the clutch when I pulled it!
Its the little things in life lol

It was the clutch lever switch! Stupid Suzuki! (Not me lol) you were right Yellow. Something simple. Man I got so worked up over it, feeling foolish. So great to get it started. I think I might be too emotionally invested in the well being of that machine! Thank you

Glad it worked for you.

The clutch engagement switch in my '86 Katana corroded, it started sometimes and others not...I chased that gremlin for a while until I decided to clean up the clutch pivot and the switch fell apart coming out..

I feel your pain.

Back