Bad charging and draining when try to start

pacman

Registered
Hi guys,

Here is my problem: I can not start the bike, it drains all my battery when I press the start button. I measured the battery and when the bike is running (I started it using wires from another battery) it stays at 12.5-12.8, but when I increase the revs it will start to loose voltage to 12 -...11. When i let it again to idle, it will get back to 12.5 after a short time.

Now, the question would be: it is the rectifier or the stator...?
Please, need help as soon as posible to know what to order, because here, the parts arrive very difficult...(at least 2 weeks)....
Thanks!!!!

No drop at all, at least for two and a half months since I got this bike. It is a 2000 model with 44K Km. As mods It has only full 4-2-1-1 akrapo line.

Do you have an aftermarket stator cover? Also, check the rectifier to see if any of the connections have been melted fused... I am assuming that you have put the battery on a tender/charger and had the battery fully charged?

There is no aftermarket cover on either of the sides of the bike (the stator should be on the left side - the black cover, right?). Related to the rectifier, it has no melted connections and also I'll check it in one hour with a multimetera s described in the user manual. I also changed the battery with an almost brand new one and it started normaly only twice, after that...nothing.

The procedure in the <s>user</s> service manual starting on page 7-8 should point you in the right direction.

Welcome to the Org Pacman, what country are you from?

post-52-02136-welcome.gif
aboard.

Hope you get it figured out.

Hello guys, nice to find such a helpfull people here...
beerchug.gif

I'm from Romania and I have this bike for 3 month now and no problem until this issue.
I have the service manual, is this the same as user manual?

(pacman @ Aug. 21 2007,08:56) Hello guys, nice to find such a helpfull people here...
beerchug.gif

I'm from Romania and I have this bike for 3 month now and no problem until this issue.
I have the service manual, is this the same as user manual?
Opps you are correct. I meant the service manual. I corrected my original response.

Another...strange question: 'generator coil' s the same as 'stator'? If not, is one of the 'little boxes' under the front seat (on left side of the frame)? Could that be the problem?

Guys, today I'll get another rectifier and I'll replace mine to see if that is the problem. I tried to measure the generator coil as described in the manual but I coud not find those 3 wires....
sad.gif

(pacman @ Aug. 22 2007,02:35) Another...strange question: 'generator coil' s the same as 'stator'? If not, is one of the 'little boxes' under the front seat (on left side of the frame)? Could that be the problem?
Yes, the stator is also called the generator coil.

Ok, problem seems to be solved: replaced the rectifier and in idle I have 13.8 with ligts on... I took the bike out tonight and had about 5-6 stops along the 'trip' and it started every time with ease
super.gif

Thanks for the support guys
beerchug.gif
and I'll keep you updated regarding this story...

Hmmm, I think I might rush a little with the joy and happy smileyes...
So, I changed both the regulator and the battery (new one, yuassa). When the motor is in idle it stays arround 13.5 V but when I start to accelerate it begins decreassing, but again, when I take my hand of the acceleration it will return to over 13 V charging in seconds... It did not behaved like before, yet (as not starting anymore) but I'm still not completly happy with this... I measured a Honda CBR 600 in the same time and when I accelerate it the voltage goes until 14.6- 14.8 with no decreasssing at all...
sad.gif

Back