2009 Front Brake question

Hornfan

Registered
Does anybody know what size of Brembo(or Accosato) master cylinder is best for a K9? Also, what is the best and most affordable calipers for the front of my 2009. Lastly, what is the best place to purchase? Thanks in advance!

-Hookem!

Call melissa at Cycle Brakes or Tim at Pashnit. They are both board sponsers and sell brakes.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Does anybody know what size of Brembo(or Accosato) master cylinder is best for a K9? Also, what is the best and most affordable calipers for the front of my 2009. Lastly, what is the best place to purchase? Thanks in advance!

-Hookem!

Pm BigE, he has a radial master cylinder from I think a 2011 ZX10, and late model R1 calipers. As these are stock on some bikes, and aftermarket upgrades for everyone else. If I recall correctly they both were direct bolt ons too.
He can give you the details you're looking for, and :welcome:
Whatever you need, someone here has the answer.:beerchug:

Brembo apparently has an adjustable master that you can actually adjust the power stroke. I saw one at the Motorcycle show last December. They had one mounted on a BMW race bike. I believe the price was under $400 if my memory serves me correctly.

May be worth looking into?

Can't you go directly to Brembo and ask your question? I'm sure they have an email address & customer support.

Brembo apparently has an adjustable master that you can actually adjust the power stroke. I saw one at the Motorcycle show last December. They had one mounted on a BMW race bike. I believe the price was under $400 if my memory serves me correctly.

May be worth looking into?

Can't you go directly to Brembo and ask your question? I'm sure they have an email address & customer support.

Good info. When you are talking to any company or bike owner also make sure you ask if their bike is stock height and handlebars. Alot of us have changed these, and it does affect whether or not a different master cylinder will cause the brake lever to hit the dash/fairing when the bars are at or near full lock.

TufBusa is a track junkie who doesn't care about your newfangled lowered custom bars bike:laugh:

Does anybody know what size of Brembo(or Accosato) master cylinder is best for a K9?

We can send you Accossato or Brembo, plus the Brembo calipers. (Yoyodyne is Brembo btw, they are the US Importer/Distributor for Brembo- we are at the dealer level)

I have the Accossato MC's in stock for the Gen-II, both Clutch & Brake if you need them.

Here's all the info to compare the various sizes:
Accossato Radial Brake & Clutch Master Cylinder: FREE Shipping | Pashnit Moto

What's most popular is #4 for the brake & #12 (clutch MC) on this page. What's recommended is the 19x20 Brake MC for your Gen-II Busa. Accossato will be slightly less expensive than Brembo. If you are serious about these let me know, can work with you on package deal.

accossato_master3_800.jpg

accossato_6_800.jpg

accossato_Img_0061.jpg

accossato_master3_800.jpg

accossato_6_800.jpg

accossato_Img_0061.jpg

I bought accossatos from pashnit and i love them. Every bit as nice as brembo and a bit cheaper. Unless your bike is a track/street machine i see no point in a dual rate mc like the brembo. Even if there were 15 different settings you would set it up once and never fool with it again. Deal with pashnit, tim's customer service is second to none.

-Hookem!

As for Brembo, we can also supply the master cylinders if you prefer the Brembo. They look awesome.

Calipers are not cheap so I'm not sure what your tolerance for 'affordable' means. Inexpensive Brembo brake calipers will run you about $1000 per set. They go on up to $5000 per set.

Go to here to purchase & review your options:
Brembo Brake Calipers | Buy Now | Pashnit Moto

Here's a monoblock for the Gen-II Busa we sent out a short bit ago: Note they do come with Brembo pads already installed.

brembo_monobloc_caliper_3.jpg

brembo_Dsc03437_900.jpg

brembo_Dsc03436_900.jpg

brembo_Dsc03434_900.jpg

brembo_Dsc03437_900.jpg

brembo_Dsc03436_900.jpg

brembo_Dsc03434_900.jpg

brembo_monobloc_caliper_3.jpg

Tim, do you have a handle on the brembo adjustable master?

I'd be interested in knowing a little more about them!

Thanks,
SteveO

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-...nder-upgrade-pazzo-clutch-handle-upgrade.html

Here is my install on my Brembo RCS19 Master cylinder on to my busa! I love it! I also added a set of 09 GSXR 1000 Calipers to add a little more bite and less weight then the 08 calipers. Pads also make a huge difference too!

Current setup: Brembo RCS19 Master Cylinder, Speigler SS brake lines +2 " over stock in length, 09 GSXR 1000 Calipers, and EBC Extreme Pads! And it stops fast and hard on the nose if you pull the lever hard! Has that nice ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzit Sound! (The Vesrah RJL's in the Picture also work good too!)

I liked it so much I put the same RCS19 Brembo Master cylinder on my 09 1k. Much better then stock!

IMG_0427.jpg

IMG_0428.jpg

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-...nder-upgrade-pazzo-clutch-handle-upgrade.html

Here is my install on my Brembo RCS19 Master cylinder on to my busa! I love it! I also added a set of 09 GSXR 1000 Calipers to add a little more bite and less weight then the 08 calipers. Pads also make a huge difference too!

Current setup: Brembo RCS19 Master Cylinder, Speigler SS brake lines +2 " over stock in length, 09 GSXR 1000 Calipers, and EBC Extreme Pads! And it stops fast and hard on the nose if you pull the lever hard! Has that nice ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzit Sound! (The Vesrah RJL's in the Picture also work good too!)

+1 on the EBC extreme pro HH pads and ss lines! Very nice improvement over stock! That's the only brake upgrades I have but it's a night and day improvement over stock.

Btw, here's shots of the Brembo Brake Master Cylinders we've sent out.

You had asked about size, these are the Brembo 19RCS for a 08+ Hayabusa.

Back