2005 Hayabusa NO MAJOR CHANGES!!!

bch3779

Registered
I work for a Suzuki dealership and I have gotten the info and pics for the 2005 product lineup. Bad news is the Busa recieves no major changes although she does get some digital gauges and clear front turn signal lenses (THANK GOD!!) The Busa now comes in 3 color schemes including a bad ass silver/black with gold Busa logo and a red and black scheme. Sorry...no 1400 for this year. Guess we'll see what '06 brings. On the other hand the GSXR1000 gets a pretty good make over with a very "different" exhaust and integrated turn signals in the mirrors as well as in the tail. The 600 and 750 stay the same since they just got a make over in '04 but of course come in new colors. Also..looking at the price guide it appears we may be seeing a Super Moto version of the DR-Z400S...it will be $600 more than the standard 400S street version. As everyone knows Suzuki has gone to the Boulevard concept with it's cruiser line and has released some new models (you guys probally could care less) so I won't go into too much detail on that. Well...thats about it guys.

Well........... i guess that clears the road to mod the 04. Damn it would have loved the 1400 and 25lbs less. Oh and some decent brakes. Ohhhhwellll.sj

Did the 'Busa even get a weight savings? How different is the silver/black from the '03 Black/Silver(Grey)? Thanks for the info. Guess I get to continue with my mods!

The dealer where I got my tire changed said they heard that the Busa was going to be around 20lbs lighter....That was all they heard.

You gotta be F'n kiddin me. You can put me on record, if this is true and I am not doubting you, that this will spell the end of the Hayabusa and they will put a completely different model out to replace it when sales slow enough, and/or another bike kicks its ass. Digital gauges - I like the analog but that is cool, new color schemes - what a joke they are not doing paint as well as the others out there, clear turn signal lenses - yeah I can get those for $60. Thanis for the info and please scan it!
smile.gif

We just got this info in today (10th). I can't scan the photos as my dealership or I have no scanner but I will copy the spec sheet and post them this week. I looked at it so quick that I forgot to look at the weight!!! (Everybody of course hogged the binder). As far as pics go the only noticeable difference is the clear lenses on the front signals. I'll post the specs Monday.

We just got this info in today (10th).  I can't scan the photos as my dealership or I have no scanner but I will copy the spec sheet and post them this week. I looked at it so quick that I forgot to look at the weight!!!  (Everybody of course hogged the binder). As far as pics go the only noticeable difference is the clear lenses on the front signals. I'll post the specs Monday.
Good man!
thumbs-up.gif

Thanks for the news...I love my 01 blue silver.....I feel it does everything i ever wanted out of a two wheeler ....pure joy..three years later...Lighter, bigger fine..
What we have now is just fine with me..Yancy....254mph in Texas standing start one mile....Hmmm...
wow.gif
What else is there..mellow out gang
biggrin.gif

FYI all... I checked Suzuki's site last night and got all 2004 stuff (same stuff that's been posted all year). After reading this thread I went and checked again. If you go to this link it will take you to the main street bike section. If you then click on the "Sportbike" option it takes you to a completely blank page.... as in it must either be in the process of re-worked or they are loading the sire onto thier server TODAY (normally you'd see an "under construction" page instead of a blank page.... I'll be checking every hour or so.

http://www.suzukicycles.com/Product....299EA45

sad.gif
I was truly hoping for a change. I must say that I do like the fact that the guages are digital. That's basically an accuracy issue, but most Busa owners/enthusiasts are looking for performance. Oh well, we'll be doing this poop again starting around June or July of '05 wondering what the '06 is gonna be like.
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

sad.gif
I was truly hoping for a change.  I must say that I do like the fact that the guages are digital.  That's basically an accuracy issue, but most Busa owners/enthusiasts are looking for performance.  Oh well, we'll be doing this poop again starting around June or July of '05 wondering what the '06 is gonna be like.
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
bacharles,
The digital speedo's are off too. Before I put my SH on I was riding next to my buddy on his R1 (digital speedo), we both read 80mph on the nose, and the Busa is off by about 8%.
face7.gif

Gee...exactly what I've been saying for over a month.  
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "1069"|1094878140 -->

You gotta be F'n kiddin me. You can put me on record, if this is true and I am not doubting you, that this will spell the end of the Hayabusa and they will put a completely different model out to replace it when sales slow enough, and/or another bike kicks its ass. Digital gauges - I like the analog but that is cool, new color schemes - what a joke they are not doing paint as well as the others out there, clear turn signal lenses - yeah I can get those for $60. Thanis for the info and please scan it!
smile.gif
I think your wrong on this one bro. The Busa is still as hot now as it was in 1999. Suzuki is a corporation and they are a success. They won't just leave things alone if sales are slidding into the crapper, but just like the Katana series of bikes, don't fix it if it ain't broke.

I am not surprised... The Hayabusa is unique in all of motorcycling, it's no longer the CLEARLY dominant street bike it once was, but it's still the One, the Target, the Top... Until it's clearly dethroned in every aspect, I wouldn't expect Suzuki to spend development money...

Raider... I think I remember you saying something about "Bold New Graphics" about a month ago...

i wish i would have known about this earlier today. i was at tampa powersports this afternoon eyeing the last 04 LE they have. i'll call them in the morning and see if they have the book with the updated models. if they do i'll get some high res pics of it and post em.

I wonder if the photo we saw is actually right though. With the faceted/sharper lines on the nose.
rock.gif

Back