2005 Hayabusa Ownership Review

steelhead

Registered
The Bike
I am the first owner of a 2005 Hayabusa. I've racked up about 18,000 km on it.
<u>
Usage:
</u>
2 national tours of South Korea, and congested Seoul city traffic without any problems whatsoever.

The Oil I Use
I use Mobil Semi-Synthetic.

Things I've had to change
Except for a bad thermostat and battery, this bike has performed in all weather conditions (hot and freezing).

Maintenance Stand Point
From a maintenance standpoint, I've only had to change the rear tire, spark plugs, and oil + filter. I will need to change the air filter,pads and front tire soon. Will need to do a valve adjustment some time in the near future.

The engine is strong and the related components are holding up well. I experienced some problems with the idle always dropping below 1000 rpm for the first few thousand kilometers, but the problem seems to have disappeared.

It has been very reliable and hasn't leaked or caused me any headaches.

The bike has surpassed expectations in the performance department, reliability section, and satisfaction index.

Only Adjustments:
Set the front and rear suspension settings to those recommended on this board.

Only problems: The Dealer was useless.
                 Side Stand (in neutral)

beerchug.gif

If you have a good or bad ownership report, what did you encounter? <span style='color:crimson'>I read about Ducati and Harley, and I am glad I chose the Hayabusa.</span> I've also had excellent ownership experiences with my Honda motorcycle (Magna).
SteelHead.

I had no issues on mine; Mobil1 15-50 and OEM filters all along. I've spread three sets of tires around southwest MO, but that's not a complaint; I wouldn't have it any other way
smile.gif
beerchug.gif

05 Red & Black.  25,000 kms since July 2005.  No problem to report.  I leave the battery in in the Winter with a maintenance charger - because of the alarm.  

Had a 1988 Katana 1100 before and I thought I would miss it.  The reality is that I never looked back!!!  Awesome bike
super.gif

05 red/black, 28000 miles since July 05. Other than tires, brake pads, oil and filter changes, air filter and plugs have had to replace NOTHING. This bike has exceeded my expectations in every way!

up to 5 or 6 k miles...idle speed was gettin lowered by itself, below 1k...readjusted come out fine...spark plugs changed on 10k, everything works fine except...camchain.
Need a camchain tentioner(automatic or manual...) other than that? its a fine lil rocket...

I have a Red and Black 05(THE FAST ONE) that has 20152 miles. No problems or complaints. I bought it May 2005.

100_0418__Medium_.JPG

Back